Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2015 Template Issue

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
luke
1007 Views, 11 Replies

Autocad LT 2015 Template Issue

Hello,

I am using AutoCAD LT 2015 and I am making a template from AutoCAD, I have around 10 different layout tabs and I add a boarder and a Raster Image Reference to each (for the logo), as I'm doing this I save the file as a .dwg to my desktop, when I have finished I am save the file as a .dwt to my cloud based database. When I open the file to test it, it has deleted an entire layers worth of work (but not the layer itself) but left all others without anything being deleted.

Has anyone else come across this issue??

If so, does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance, if anything further is needed, please do ask, I will try and get all the information I can!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: luke

In the DWG or the DWT file or both?
99% of the time, based only on your description and without a DWG files proof, it's a user triggered error. Sorry

Do you have before and after DWG files we can replicate? Or more details on how we can replicate? Are you grabbing the correct cloud-based file? Does that site keep track of versioning so you can judge what's new and when?
Message 3 of 12
luke
in reply to: pendean

The deletion is occuring in both the DWG file and the DWT.

The template is for an A2 sheet and a seperate A1 sheet, there is a large square box that leaves around 15mm to the edge of the paper and on the right hand side there are 7 boxes of varying size. These then all contain a multiline text box, all the objects are on a standard layer called 'Title Block'. I can try and get a file uploaded of what it looks like if you cannot replicate it from my description.

Yes, I am saving the file to the folder and allowing time for an upload and for it to sync. No, unfortunately it doesn't keep track of it, that I know of, but the folder does tell me that the file I have just saved is saved at the present time.

Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 12
pendean

What's your method of attaching the raster?
Are you ignoring pathing or source file availability that must be maintained (not new to 2015)?
How are you attaching or including the other objects in the file?
Are you ignoring or have turned off warnings of not-found references when you open the file perhaps?
I can add text, blocks, and other things to a DWG and they don't get erased on their own or when turned into a DWT file.

Yes, post a "missing content" file and a "no missing content" file so we can replicate your issue.
Message 5 of 12
luke

I am using a .jpeg and using the'Insert, Raster Image Reference, selecting the file, and then adding it to the paper sapce'. We are on 2015 AutoCad currently, however the past template file was on a 2008 version, I am just updating it to the new version with purging the file to reduce the file space. Would that have an effect if the last time it was created, the person made the lines a block? But saying that, how could they be purged from the file if they are in use?

There are no other blocks in the file. It is purely lines and multiline text (if that is what you are asking).

There are on warnings that the image has not been referenced, there are no warnings to say that the file has not been show, not even the recovery manager warning.

I have requested that I upload the file, but I am currently unable to upload any documents of the files. Sorry, thanks for helping so far.

Message 6 of 12
pendean

The word "reference", do you understand what that means? The image is not actually in your SWG file. So how are you handling the pathing inside the DWG to the referenced image file? Is thata universal location at your office that everyone has instant access to?
How are you pathing it for cloud-based use? Or are you also posting the image file there too?

Why aren't you just embedding the image file into the DWG file like you probably did in 2008?
Message 7 of 12
luke

It is currently located on the cloud, along with the .dwt file. I have also checked that the image can find the pathway and it is established.

I didn't make the dwt. file in 2008, wouldn't embedding the image into the drawing make the file size larger?

Message 8 of 12
pendean

Yes, larger, but it might solve your missing or corrupt pathing issues.
Message 9 of 12
luke

Okay, I have tried that on the new template file and so far so good. Thanks for the help.

Message 10 of 12
billyowen.parreno

We have a cad template saved as autocad 2010 for our company, and we dont have any problem opening it with autocad 2011,2012,2013, and 2014.

the problem is, when we install the autocad 2015 to a new pc, the template cannot be used, it only shows errors and texts.

what should i do?

Message 11 of 12
luke
in reply to: billyowen.parreno

Have you tried to use the " RECOVER " function? if not try it, it may clear any errors and if you had images on the previous template, you may have to reattach them or make sure that the external reference is correct.

To use the recover function just type RECOVER on a blank drawing and double click on the drawing you wish to recover. That may help.

Message 12 of 12
pendean
in reply to: billyowen.parreno

You are using AutoCAD Architecture, not AutoCAD, and not LT where you are posting. Why not post in the correct forum for your product and include your template file there?
What errors are you seeing? It just looks like you forgot to add the required fonts to ARCH2015 search path. If it is AEC content that is missing your peers that are also using ARCH2015 in that forum can help you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost