Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2014 will not run

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
hw77377
294 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad LT 2014 will not run

It's been 6 weeks since I last ran AutoCad LT 2014.

Today I double clicked the desktop icon and a splash screen appeared and went away.

That's it, nothing more appeared.

I tried double clicking the desktop icon again and nothing happens.

I purchased directly from AutoDesk which I think was a big mistake as I can't get phone help at all.

How can I get help with this problem.

2-3 months ago similar issue when I ran Inventor LT 2014 and had to reinstall it. 

I just tried double clicking the Inventor LT icon and a splash screen appeared and went away.

It appears to be doing the same crap as per 2-3 months ago.  $1500 is not a lot of money

to some people, but it is to me, and I really expected a more stable program with some

serious customer service.

Surely I don't have to reinstall the program every 2-3 months ?

I'd appreciate some help with this. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: hw77377

Nobody does that, so you need to dig deeper to find out what's going on and what has changed on your PC.
What's your Windows OS?
Did you try shutting down Windows and your PC, restarting it then trying your two applications?
Did you try a Windows System Restore back to a time it all worked?
You may also want to get some good freeware like ProcessMonitor and find out what happens after you double click an icon.

Post back with what you tried so far. Reinstalling may only be a temporary solution like last time until your system reintroduces the break-factor.
Message 3 of 5
hw77377

The OS is Windows 7 (version Pro) Fully up to date.

Plenty of memory (24GB). CPU is a Xeon. Graphic card is a Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 .

Yes I tried shutting down and restarting.

I watchd the Splash screen becasue it reports whats happening such as loading lots of lugins and dlls.

Then the Work Environment displays for about 1/2 a second and that is.

I checked processes and found no Autocad or replay processes running. So wahtever is happening leaves the system clean.

With such a expensive program I really don;t think I should have to jump through so many hoops to make it work.

Visual Studio 2013 is solid and stable. EAGLE Cad which is an Electronics Circuit cad and PCB layout program that I use a lot is solid and stable,

I'm really pissed off that AudotDesk ignores it's customers (thats why I said buying directly from AutoDesk is a mistake)

I should not have to tear my system apart becasue AutoDesk is not able to write code that works in a stable manor.

I think I'm going to protest this purchase through my CC and get my money back and buy something else.

Cleary AutoDesk are no interested in Customer service.

Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 5
pendean

Message 5 of 5
hw77377
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the help. I ran the unitlity and it did not find any problems.

I'll try a repair .

This is really pitiful, almost criminal how AutoDesk can sell a rotten product and wash it's hands of it.

It's time to move on a find a Cad program that works and is stable.

Clearly AutoDesk has enjoyed being on top for a long time but has failed to undersatnd the customer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost