Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2012 upgrade from LT2007

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
2153 Views, 10 Replies

Autocad LT 2012 upgrade from LT2007

Can you upgrade to Autocad LT2012 from Autocad LT2007 buying the LT2012 upgrade software.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

No, that is outside of the upgrade cycle.

LT2009 was the last to be able to upgrade to LT 2012 I believe.

Keep your eyes (Google) out for upcoming specials.

It's the time of year for Autodesk to drop a few out there.

Especailly if there is to be a 2013...

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks very much

I was thought that was the case form my my research

Message 4 of 11
Charles_Shade
Message 5 of 11
tlcc

Does anyone know when 2013 is due?  I have LT 2009, and will need to purchase an "upgrade" before that happens.

Message 6 of 11
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: tlcc

Annnny minute now....

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 7 of 11
Charles_Shade

Usually in March.

I'd jump for LT 2012 today if you want upgrade pricing.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

i have been looking into this and there is an upgrade option for versions of cad prior to 2009.

i spoke to autodesk customer service and they said it is refered to as get-current upgrade...

as products are all generally described as upgrade i am not yet confident as to what the exact product code is before i order it as i dont want the normal legacy upgrade from 09, 10 or 11.

Does anyone know the produce code for the get-current upgrade promoation package?

Message 9 of 11
Charles_Shade

There are legacy upgrades for older versions that are offered from time to time.

This information would usually come from a local reseller. (i.e. Not Ebay or Amazon or Egghead.)

Contact a reseller in your area to see what is offered.

Otherwise look for the best deal you can find thru a reputable online retailer or make the choice to begin a subscription program with Autodesk.

Message 10 of 11
heinsite

Smiley Very Happy

I'd put my money on March 17th... the day after all the Autodesk "specials" ends.  That would be pretty consistent with prior year ship dates too.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 11 of 11
pendean

Unless they do something totally different this year, and they might, your old version usually 'expires' a week before the latest version ships. It's been that way for quite a few versions now.

You'd best contact an AutoCAD reseller (not online, get a live body from a live company) and confirm expiration dates/2013 due dates (if they don't know, there is a chance you will miss the boat).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost