Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2010 - activation

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
MikeGardler
596 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad LT 2010 - activation

I'm in a new company and I've been given a PC that has been rebuilt due to a hard drive failure and the job of re-installing AutoCAD LT 2010. I have the original discs and serial number.

When I try to activate the licence I get the error 'The serial number you entered is not valid, try again (1).'

I've tried sending requests for customer support but just get rather unhelpful emails emails asking me to send a message, So here I am.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rkmcswain
in reply to: MikeGardler

I suppose it's possible that the S/N you are using has been upgraded.

I would start with your reseller if you know who that is and can get a hold of someone that can will help you.

If you're on Twitter, hit them up there, that is a pretty responsive staff: https://twitter.com/AutodeskHelp

Lastly, when you say "contact Autodesk", are you submitting a Subscription Support Request?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 6
MikeGardler
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks for the reply

The problem being that I don't know who the reseller was. I know it's possible that the S\N was upgraded but the software/licence I have is the only AutoCAD software on site. Our engineering team use another product.

I tried emailing customersupport@autodesk.com but just get a standard reply saying they can't link my request to an existing ticket. one of the options points me here. I'm not looking to renew the subscription, just re-install and activate the software we currently have.

Message 4 of 6
jessica.t

Hi Mike,

Looks like you will need to contact our Activation and Registration department to resolve this license issue. You can reach them directly through our Contact Us page. Select your issue, topic, and then "I still need help" to pull up the associated chat options. If you have any further questions please let us know.

And thanks for jumping in rkmcswain!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 6
MikeGardler
in reply to: jessica.t

Thanks Jessica

I've done what you suggested, I think a colleague may have tried this in the past but got a response saying the serial number wasn't on the database. I enclosed a picture of the product details so we'll see how that goes.

Cheers

Message 6 of 6
jessica.t

Okay great! If you have any other questions just let us know Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost