Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad LT 2012 64 bit Incompatible with Autocad 2005 and 2007?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
andrewh07
827 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCad LT 2012 64 bit Incompatible with Autocad 2005 and 2007?

I have autocad LT 2012 on my computer at my job. I am currently running windows 7 64 bit. To ensure our customers can open our drawings, we save everything in autocad 2000 .dwg format. When a coworker using autocad 2005 opens a drawing that I have saved last in autocad 2000 format, he can do any work in the drawing. If he closes the drawing without saving his work, everything works fine. However, if he tries to save his work, autocad 2005 freezes and the following error message comes up: "Error handler reentered: Exiting now." I at first thought it was a problem with autocad 2005, but the previously described scenario is replicated in autocad 2007; the only difference is that autocad 2007 will simply freeze up without giving an error message and require ending the task. Interestingly, autocad 2002 can handle the drawing without a problem. Does anyone know what steps I can take to fix this problem?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: andrewh07

The first item to look for is Proxy objects being created in the LT 2012 seat and then saved down to 2000.

First thing that comes to mind is MLeaders. Though this shoud not cause a crash.

Do the other users on the other platfroms also save to Release 2000?

Are you mixing Proxy objects from other installs and or adding 3D content?

Proxy Objects

PROXYGRAPHICS, PROXYSHOW, PROXYNOTICE: Any of these pop up when switching platforms?

Message 3 of 6
pendean

1st: never ever use any commands or features (like Mleader, annotative text and more) that are not found in 2005/2007 if file exchange is something you must do with their files.

2nd: If they can open the file and work in it with no issues but saving is the problem, fix the file(s): ask then to use RECOVER to open the files and see if any errors are reported (and to SAVE soon after opening), and you do the same. Compare findings with each other.

3rd: in addition to the variables (posted by Charlie) that you all three must set to match, in LT2012 what are your settings for "Maintain Fidelity" and "Maintain Drawing Size Compatibility" in Options>Save tab?

4th: LT2012 has EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command to deal with files that must truly and genuinely be knocked down to a lower format. SAVE settings alone keeps to much roundtrip info intact for you to use (reason you must adhere to rule #1 above) that may mess up 2005/2007 which did the same for their lower versions (2002 has no clue about such features).

And finally: are all three of you in the same office? Are all the files on a server or your PC? By chance could the problem just be that your Win7 64bit PC took over the read/write ability of the folder or files and the other WinXP users cannot write to your file locations anymore?

Message 4 of 6
andrewh07
in reply to: pendean

Another thing I forgot to mention is that if I open the drawing in Autocad LT 2010, save it and close it, 2005 and 2007 have no problem with it.  Is there something in 2012 that is not in 2010 that is allowing this to happen?

Message 5 of 6
xenialman

i'm also having simillar problem.... has the solution been found...???

Message 6 of 6
andrewh07

Yes, my problem was fixed when I exploded all the leaders in my drawing.  2005 and 2007 cannot handle leaders with text attached to them, but if you do not use them or at least explode them after you draw them, it should fix the problem..it did for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost