Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad LT 2007 Unable to Print "The None plot device has been Substituted".

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
AdminSaratoga
1411 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCad LT 2007 Unable to Print "The None plot device has been Substituted".

I have one workstation running Autocad LT 2007 on a windows 7 32 bit OS, and needs to print to a non plot printer, which is a Kyocera KM-4050 KX. I am unable to print to this printer through Autocad LT 2007 and recieve the following error message . . .

"\\ServerName\PrinterName: This plotter configuration conanot be used for one of these reasons: The driver cannot be found, the device can not be found, or the driver has a problem. The None plot device has been substituted."

The Printer works fine with all other applications, and the rest of the users who have Autocad LT 2011 have no issue printing. 

I followed the instructions in http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2897193&linkID=9240617 and did not see my printer model in the list and was unable to load the driver from a disk.I believe the file it was looking for was .hif, which could not be found. 

I also uninstalled and reinstalled the printer driver, and did some testing, so the printer works fine except for this application.

Is there a resolution to this issue? According to the user the print function never worked for them in Autocad LT 2007.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Printing and Plotting Forum

Does this user try to plot to the Windows installed printer or to a pc3 file in AutoCAD?

You say the AutoCAD 2011 users have no issue.

What is the OS for the 2011 users?

Message 3 of 5

Charles,

The user is trying to print to the windows installed printer. I tried to create a p3, but was unable to do so becuase the wizard was looking for a .hif file that could not be found on the print driver disk. The OS that is being used for the autocad 2011 users is windows 7 32 or 64 bit. About half has 32 bit, while the rest have 64bit.

Message 4 of 5

I'm wondering if the LT 2007 needs an older driver to work and that that is the issue.

Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: AdminSaratoga

HIF file prompt is when you go about creating a PC3 file the wrong way: that method actually requires an AutoCAD driver from the printer/plotter manufacturer (not an option in your case). You needed to use the NETWORK option instead.

If the exact setup works on all the other PCs but this one, then this one is very different: could be a driver version number, could be a missing patch or update, or more. Start with a simpler fix: log in as another user on the PC and test it, if it fails, this one computer needs to be re-imaged/reinstalled to matchn all the others 100%.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost