Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2012LT problem with Esc button

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
matejtomka
3179 Views, 9 Replies

AutoCad 2012LT problem with Esc button

Hi;

I have a problem with using Esc button. I mean, cancel the command, deselecting of selected object. I have read a lot of discussions about it and I found that this problem occurred when Adobe Photoshop  is running with AutoCAD in same time . In my case, I do not have any installation of ADOBE products in my computer expect Adobe Flash player. Working with this BUG make me crazy, I always have to press right mouse button and choose from the menu Cancel or Deselect All.
I also changed a settings in CUI menu (user interface) and I changed ESC button in shortcut for CANCEL to F1 button.

http://lynn.blogs.com/lynn_allens_blog/2005/10/the_best_autoca.html
Problem with cancel of command was fixed but deselecting of selected objects is still not working.
Is here somebody who can help me ? Please.

Thank you very much for tips and tricks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: matejtomka

Do you need to hit ESC twice or more to deselect maybe?

Do you just need to set PICKFIRST to 1 perhaps?

Or do you need to click inside AutoCAD first before hitting the ESC button (bring it back into focus in Windows)?

Or are you using a Wireless keyboard? a keyboard with a "driver"?

Did the problem occur AFTER you changed the setting in CUI?

Newer update to your old link BTW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4DAxAGYYv4

Message 3 of 10
matejtomka
in reply to: pendean

Thank you very much for feedback.

The video from youtube: I have made this substitution Esc button for F1 button ... F1 is working only in case that I want cancel or finish command but it is still not working when I need deselect objects. I have to use right mouse button like I have explain before.

Regarding keyboard: I have keyboard connected to PC using USB

and believe me  can press Esc or F1 ( after substitution 1000 times and it is not working. 

matej

Message 4 of 10
pendean

Is LT2012 fully updated and patched?

Does ESC work in any other application? It has the same function (cancels a command that is running or deselects objects of that function is part of a command or both), it's a Windows feature.

I'm not able to replicate your issue (and I have Photoshop installed, Win7 Pro 64bit). Hopefully someone else has ideas to try, or I'll come back if anything jogs my memory.

BTW, holding your mouse' right-click button down for more than a second also deselects objects: nothing to pick.

Message 5 of 10
matejtomka

Hi again,

regarding last tips: ESC button is ok and it is working without problems for another applications.

I have made a small experiment and result is little bit surprising for me. In my job I use a lot,  software named CX Programmer.
When this software is running the ESC function for AutoCAD LT (in my case 2012) is not working anymore.

Is this problem with RAM ? or do anybody have some idea what is going on ?

PS: this software is not a product of ADOBE family.

Thank you for any feedback.

After substitution or change a ESC button for F1 button canceling of the command is working but deselecting not.
Holding a right mouse button is my only one chance how to work faster.

Best regards
MATTE

Message 6 of 10
Charles_Shade

Does the CX Programmer work within LT or separate?

Message 7 of 10
matejtomka
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Hi,

the CX Programmer is working separately but if I start this program when AutoCAD is running problem with ESC button occurred. When I close application CX programmer problem with ESC in LT disappear and the button is working without problems. Problem is when this two applications are running in same time.

BR
Matej

Message 8 of 10
pendean

Software conficts: never heard of this other program, perhaps someone at Autodesk has. Typically it takes both companies to acknowledge there is a conflict and both work together to resolve it.

That almost never happens fast enough for end users sadly. But at least you know how to control it.

Contact the other firm and see if they know how their program "grabs" ESC button, perhaps they have a fix or workaround that does not involve shutting down the program.

Message 9 of 10
matejtomka
in reply to: pendean

I will do it !

in this time I make an UP Date of CX Programer and if the problem with ESC will be here again i will contact the people from OMRON.

Thank a lot for feedback

Matej

Message 10 of 10
e-peery

I've confirmed this problem between AutoCAD Electrical 2010 v2 and CX-Programmer 9.3.  I found out that the gman.exe process in CX-Programmer causes the conflict as it was left running once when I closed CX-Programmer.  Other processes may cause the conflict too, but in this case as soon as I ended gman.exe from task manager the ESC key began working correctly in AutoCAD.  I've contacted my distributor for Omron (CX-Programmer) and will post any helpfull response I get back here.

Dell T7500, Xeon E5504 @2.0GHz, 12Gb RAM
Windows XP Professional x64
AutoCAD Electrical 2010 v2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost