Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD integrity

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
derek31a
773 Views, 13 Replies

AutoCAD integrity

I am currently running LT2012, and will hopefully upgrade to LT2014 in the near future (company is a bit slow with upgrades!)

However, my question is this - why, when I produce a drawing in LT, do I get the following message -

"Non Autodesk DWG.  This DWG file was saved by a software application that was
not developed or licensed by Autodesk.  Autodesk cannot guarantee the
application compatibility or integrity of this file."

What's going on - any ideas?

Smiley Sad

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
hwalker
in reply to: derek31a

It could have been created in microstation or some element in the drawing was. Or it was an externally created DXF/DWG

Does this always happen?

If it does I suggest you open your template, copy everything in there to the clipboard.

Then open up one of the standard Autocad Templates and paste in there and overwrite your old template.

I have found this happens everytime I use a PDF to DXF converter, and copying and pasting into a drawing I have already saved as Autocad format gets rid of the message every time.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 14
derek31a
in reply to: hwalker

Thanks for the reply.

No, it doesn't happen with all drawings.

The last drawing I produced from nothing gives the message, although it was done entirely in AutoCAD. The drawing blank and attributes were produced in AutoCAD - however, P&ID symbols were inserted........and these symbols and blank drawing sheets were created by me, using AutoCAD. I've never used Microstation!

The drawing border templates are stored in a Solidworks EPDM system - would that cause a problem?

Message 4 of 14
dgorsman

If you mean template, as in you copied that file rather than started from a clean, blank "new" AutoCAD drawing - possibly.  The warning simply means the DWG file was produced by non-AutoDesk software, so it may be missing some settings or may have additional data.  Those may or may not cause problems for you later down the road.  Under most cases its a non-issue.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 14
pendean

How far down do you have save set to in Options?
Are your files unusually large for what little content they have?
Message 6 of 14
derek31a
in reply to: pendean

OK, drawing attached (with company info/details removed).

It's not causing a problem, I just wondered why it opened with the integrity warning - so no need to spend time on it!

As you can see, the file size is small - only 107kb

Message 7 of 14
hwalker

I can never work out how it knows, it must be something in the header of the file, but here is your file back without the annoying message popping up

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 8 of 14
derek31a
in reply to: hwalker

Thanks HW - as you say, the annoying message is no longer there.

Can I ask what you did? Is it something I can do if the message pops up again on a different drawing!

Definitely worth a Kudos point and solution tick for the answer Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 14
derek31a

Dean, not sure I understand your question - do you mean what level do I save drawings as......if so, I save drawings as LT2004 so that everyone in the company/suppliers can open them.

Message 10 of 14
hwalker

@derek31a wrote:

Thanks HW - as you say, the annoying message is no longer there.

Can I ask what you did? Is it something I can do if the message pops up again on a different drawing!

Definitely worth a Kudos point and solution tick for the answer Smiley Very Happy

All I did was open up the template acadlt.dwt using the FILE NEW, and then just copy and pasted your modelspace and paper space into that template and saved it.

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 11 of 14
pendean

I notice the problem appears from predominantly LT2010-LT2011-LT2-12 users (a specific consultant we use) who save files down to LT2004 or lower formant, and not the default 2010 format.

They do it because they have one client, somewhere that we do not interact with, needs the lower format so as a company they decided to cripple everyone with it.
My users find it annoying to say the least: we have since contracturally forced them to not do that so we don;t have to put up with it.
Message 12 of 14
derek31a

Thanks Dean - maybe saving to 2010 is the answer, and let others sort out their incompatibility issues! Would definitely make life easier for me............

Message 13 of 14
pendean

We save down on an as-needed basis for clients that ask nicely (or contractually require it): otherwise we simply provide a link to the free viewer (that converts) along with files we send out.
Message 14 of 14
dgorsman

Same here.  We always work in the "native" DWG version.  If the client wants their files in a lower version, we use TrueView to batch convert them just prior to returning.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost