Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT plot scale to printer is not accurate

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dhowardcbse
740 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD LT plot scale to printer is not accurate

When I plot from my autocad to pdf or to a printer the scale does not work out. I rarely use a manual scale for anything, but I have a new EIT and am making him scale drawings for his calc's, and to my embarrassment, my drawings do not print out to the scale they are supposed to be.

AutoCAD LT 2013

1/8" scale (or any scale for that matter), when printed comes out short. I had one of my employees plot the same drawing off of his computer and it came out perfectly at 100%. There must be a setting I have skewed somewhere?

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: dhowardcbse

Post the DWG file and let's all have a look at it.
Message 3 of 4
cadman70454

Are your plot settings set to 1:1 or to fit?  If you window a small part of your dwg and print it to an 11 x 17 or 8 1/2 x 11 printer at the full size setting, does it scale properly?

Lowell

Message 4 of 4
dhowardcbse

I actually figured it out, and it was really easy. When I click print pdf and the dialogue box comes up, the page scaling was set to "Shrink to Printable Area". I'm not entirely sure how it got switched, as I haven't messed with that before, but it did. Problem solved now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost