Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT not responding

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
derrikehill
620 Views, 9 Replies

AutoCAD LT not responding

This is the third time this week that this has happened to me but once again my AutoCAD LT 2010 will not respond upon doing simple tasks such as save as or open.  The past two time I have had to uninstall AutoCAD and uninstall it from the registry using regedit and I had thought that the first time this happened it was maybe due to a corrupt install, but it happened again and the second time I thought it might be due to using the Export to PDF command and I have not used that command since the last reinstall so it doesnt appear to be that.  I am using Windows 7 Professional and everyone else at my company does not have any problems with their AutoCAD just me.  After the last reinstall AutoCAD was working fine and I used it to do a few things, then I began working on other things none of which involved AutoCAD and then when I just tried to start using AutoCAD again it suddenly does not work anymore.  So for the third time this week AutoCAD has suddenly stopped working for me and as far as I can tell I am not doing anything to cause it, I know people say, "Software doesn't just break on its own" but AutoCAD has gone from working fine to suddenly not working without me doing anything in AutoCAD and I cannot seem to get the appropriate help to solve my issues thus far.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: derrikehill

If a reinstall fixed it, try a Windows System Restore back to a day or week it allw orked well.
OR
Reimage your PC to match everyone else at your office: your I.T. folks are able to do this with relative ease. Ths will involve reinstalling LT. Then turn off Win7's automatic updates and try to figure out what else is changing that may be breaking the software.
OR
Ask your IT to allow you to use a new Windows Log-in and see if the problem goes away.

Important: your PC and your Windows log-in need to be exactly like everyone else in your office if you want that same performance. That also goes for whatever you plug into your PC (phone, disk drive, 'something' else etc.).

Post back with specifics on what was tried and where it fails if it still does so, find a trigger. Remote assistance requires that you do all the work and investigating, we can't do it for you.
Message 3 of 10
derrikehill

I work for a smaller company so we do not have any IT personnel on staff.  The problem with doing a Windows Restore to a point when it worked is that I started last week and this is a brand new computer and I did not have AutoCAD on this computer until on Monday and the first problem occured Monday afternoon so there really isnt a time I can go to when AutoCAD was definitely working fine.  I will try to get a new Windows login next week as it is Friday afternoon.  Everyone here that uses AutoCAD has the same Windows log in as I do so I would think that is not the problem.  I can do some research on my own to figure out how to reimage my PC to match everyone elses.

Message 4 of 10
pendean

Message 5 of 10
derrikehill

Would there be a problem if I am using Windows 7 Professional and the other users of AutoCAD here are still using Windows XP?

Message 6 of 10
pendean

No, Win7 and LT2010 are a good match for more users than not: are you all using one of the XP machines a file server? Or are you using a "real" Server with a server OS (and which operating system and how are you connected to it)?

But I won't gloss over the fact that I find Win7's blue spinning wheel comes up more often that not in any AutoCAD version and about drives me nuts some days.

Message 7 of 10
derrikehill
in reply to: pendean

All of us have our own individual client licences on our own computer so my AutoCAD on my computer is running locally on my computer. We just use a server for file sharing among the office.

I get the Win7 blue spinning wheel all the time using my AutoCAD I can only open a file from the windows explorer and save back to that original file, no save as or open command from in AutoCAD, and I have waited 30+ minutes for the program to respond and it does not.

I tried using the program that you linked to in your last reply but that did not solve any of these issues.
Message 8 of 10
pendean

What is your Server OS?
How are you connected to it?
If you unplug from your network does the spinning wheel problem go away?
Message 9 of 10
derrikehill
in reply to: pendean

I do not know what Server OS is on the server but I am hardwired to the server and when I disconnect the wire the spinning wheel does not go away.

We use a Dell PowerEdge 830 Server and as far as I know it is the original server OS on there.
Message 10 of 10
pendean

Good, that now limits the issue to your installation of LT: ask someone with more systems experience to help you with removing LT like this then reinstall it:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Automated-uninstall-of-AutoCAD-2014/td-p/433482...

And avoid using any content (PC3 files etc) from the old setup or from any of the MAC setups while testing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost