Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 97 Fatal Error: Heap Error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
benjamin.a.ulmer
4544 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD LT 97 Fatal Error: Heap Error

I have a purchased version of AutoCAD LT 97 that has worked very well on all the computer OS upto Windows 7. I did not tried on Windows Vista as I do not have that OS systems. The AutoCAD LT 97 works perfectly on my Windows XP computer, but not on my Windows 7 computer. It installed just fine with no issues, but when I try to open an existing file or try to start from stratch, It does not allow me to and gives me the following error: AutoCAD LT Error Aborting box - FATAL ERROR: Heap error; click OK; AutoCAD LT Error-abort box - Error handler re-entered. Exiting now.; click OK. Is there a service pack or compatibility mode for AutoCAD LT 97 and Windows 7? Is there somemore I need to adjust to get the program to work on my new computer?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Search here 'cause I do not know how to get to it but Win 7 Pro has an XP compatability mode that allows you to use old software under XP. Others have gotten old software to work. Autodesk gave up on LT97 over a decade ago...
This may be a right click of the desktop launch icon.
It is Win 7 Pro I presume?
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: benjamin.a.ulmer

Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate, not Win7 Basic or Home or Home
whizzbang versions, have built-in abilities to run in XP Mode for older
software.

But you are on your own, neither Autodesk nor Microsoft go beyond pointing
you to that OS's ability for help.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 4 of 6

Benjamin,

Have you attempted to run the application through Compatibility Mode or XP Mode? To learn more about XP Mode and Virtual PC please see the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team
Message 5 of 6
GerEngrgCo
in reply to: Charles_Shade

AutoCAD LT 97 will not work operating in XP Mode within Windows 7.  I've tried that strategy unsuccessfully.  Would re-installing it while the previous install is assigned to operate within XP Mode produce an operating application?

Message 6 of 6
pendean
in reply to: GerEngrgCo

LT97 was designed for Win95/98/NT4. Sorry.

There are free CAD software that read/write DWG files and work in Win7/8/8.1: if you can't afford to upgrade LT or downgrade Win7 to XP then consider those instead.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost