Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2014

62 REPLIES 62
Message 1 of 63
patrick.bijsterveld
12391 Views, 62 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2014

Hello again.

Now trying Autocad LT 2014, now on the windows 7 PC, HP Z620, quaddro FX 2000.

Multiple problems/annoying things found (i think).

There are still no Certified Drivers for AutoCAD LT available, hardware accelleration?!

When i try to work with a drawing that has multiple viewports, it becomes "laggy", as did 2012 and 2013. Driver problem, hardware accelleration?

when opening a blanc template and copy/paste 1 block in this template, it is terrebly slow, not to work with. in the right bottom corner there is a message "unrecognized" when panning or zooming. after panning or zooming it's gone. (see printscreen)

can anyone help me?

attached:

drawing with 1 block, problems with panning / zooming

printscreen unrecognized "something"?

hardware performance log.

Tags (1)
62 REPLIES 62
Message 41 of 63
Charles_Shade
in reply to: ScottC

Thanks for the information and follow up.

Message 42 of 63
yooperjeff
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I pasted the following into a text file called FIXLT.reg:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT\R20\ACADLT-D001\Variables\AECPSDAUTOATTACH]
@="0"
"StorageType"=dword:00000003
"SecondaryType"=dword:00000001
"LowerBound"=dword:00000000
"UpperBound"=dword:00000001
"PrimaryType"=dword:0000138b
// =================== reg file end =====================

Running the FIXLT.reg file did not work for me.  An error pops up saying:

Cannot import \\{my file location}\FIXLT.reg: The specified file is not a registry script.

You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor.

So I opened regedit.

1. Click on Hkey_Local_Machine

2. File>Export... for backup

3. File>Import... the FIXLT.reg file

Error: 

Cannot import \{my file location}\FIXLT.reg: The file specified is not a registry file. You can import only registry files.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Message 43 of 63
ScottC
in reply to: yooperjeff

try this

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT\R20\ACADLT-D001\Variables\AECPSDAUTOATTACH]
@="0"
"StorageType"=dword:00000003
"SecondaryType"=dword:00000001
"LowerBound"=dword:00000000
"UpperBound"=dword:00000001
"PrimaryType"=dword:0000138b

Message 44 of 63
yooperjeff

That's it.  Now to test it.

Thanks,

Message 45 of 63
slander1969
in reply to: akimber

Many thanks for this Scott, I'll give it a try.

Message 46 of 63
leongml
in reply to: slander1969

its work for LT 2014? for this

'' Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT\R20\ACADLT-D001\Variables\AECPSDAUTOATTACH] @="0" "StorageType"=dword:00000003 "SecondaryType"=dword:00000001 "LowerBound"=dword:00000000 "UpperBound"=dword:00000001 "PrimaryType"=dword:0000138b '' ?????

Message 47 of 63
leongml
in reply to: leongml

I JUST TRY FOR MY AUTOCAD LT2014, THAT ITS WOKR.... . 10S .

Message 48 of 63
Charles_Shade
in reply to: leongml

Does your LT 2014 work or not?

Message 49 of 63
technoidatx

When I follow this path I don't see AECPSDAUTOATTACH

Message 50 of 63
Charles_Shade
in reply to: technoidatx

I suspect running the REG file fix as is suggested adds the Variable to the Registry.

A search of the Registry here shoed the Variable in a Full AutoCAD install but not in the LT path that is noted.

Message 51 of 63
technoidatx

Thanks Charles. 

I suspect this stablizes the floating command line when more than one dwg is open. 

Message 52 of 63
technoidatx

I have the string to update the registry but from what I have read I am insure of the installation instuctions. I exported to my destop at the varible line as a back up. Wen I import the newly created fixLT.rg file a dialouge box comes up to Confirm Restore Key. 

I am not confident enough to imprt the file. The value entires and subkeys of this key will be deleted. 

Any direction I have included a screen shot. 

Message 53 of 63
Charles_Shade

That is beyond my knowledge since I have never done such.

Not sure if you will get any other suggestions over the weekend/next several days but I would look at backing up the Registry as is before you apply the fix.

I use a program named CCleaner to clean up the Registry amongst other things. It is a freeware that will back up the Registry if you do not have a way to do so otherwise.

Then I would apply the fix and hit okay. I suspect the warning is for the Key that you ar adding but like you I would be suspicious and unwilling without someone saying go for it.

Message 54 of 63
technoidatx

No rush it is getting to the end of the day. I just recently upgraded to a
new pc updated to 2014 knowing this was one issue. I'm looking to have it
resolved in the next few weeks. In the meantime everything else is running
fine. Even the floating command line is working well. The lag and flicker
is only occurring when I have more than one project open.
I may ask one of my IT friends for direction and will post the procedure
when it is resolved.

Message 55 of 63
sbtaylor

I'm running AutoCad 2014 full version on a Mac in a Parallels VM Windows 8.1 on a Mac Pro 32.GHz Quad Core w/ 12GB 1066 DDR3 Memory & ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB Graphics. THE VM has access to 8GB memory & all of the processor cores.

I am having similar problems w/ slow down after working for a while with multiple files (I wouldn't know about single files as I am never working on just one).  Layer manager sometimes takes 1 minute to select layers, switching layouts I and I go and write an e-mail instead of waiting. Panning & zoom jerky & pause, selecting text, copy & paste with large lags.  

Restarting AutoCad improves situation for a little while (~10 min), then it's back!  I look at the Task Manager and Windows is not using 1/4 of the resources available, rarely more than 2GB of Ram (though sometime AutoCAD is using 60-80% of that amount), and maybe 1/8 of the processor available, yet the VM is tying up large quanities of MAC memory. Restarting Windows restores the MAC memory, sometime as much as 4GB even though Task Manager.   That makes me wonder if the VM is slowing.  

But, it seems that renaming the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\AecCore.crx" to ...\AecCore.EXT.OLD  has  put the bandaid on it. I tested it w/ 10 files open and it's snappy.  What gives? and what do I loose w/ this file disabled?  Will AutoDesk fix this issue?

Message 56 of 63
pendean
in reply to: sbtaylor

THere is a patch posted, read through the latest replies as someone shared a link.

FYI, Win8.1 is not supported with 2014 or lower products, so if the link leads to issues you can't expect a reply from Autodesk about it.
Message 57 of 63
sbtaylor
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the heads up re: no reply from Autodesk.  I found no link, could you share it.  I did try the patch listed above to change the registry in this forum which I guess you refered to is already present in my full version of AutoCAD, so even though it ran successfully,  it changed nothing in the registry.  It turns out that changing the AecCore.crx file name didn't fix my slow down either.  I have to work for about an hour before it reappears, so I am lost.  Any one have an idea what's going on?

Message 58 of 63
yooperjeff

Did you only rename the AECCore file, or did you replace it with another?  The original idea was to grab an older version of the file from AC-LT 2013 which seemed to work.  Again, this method was not recommended by Autodesk, so make sure you keep the original file that was installed - just in case.

http://www.adris.co.uk/blog/entry/autocad-lt-2014-becomes-unstable-fix

Regarding the registry solution, it's wierd that you say the registry was unchanged, but you mention "Full Version". You are running LT right?  If the .reg file didn't change anything then it may be something to do with your OS being Windows 8.1 and not Windows 7 (x64).  Your results may vary.

By the way, AC-LT 2015 was just released and seems to not have this issue.  I've only tested it on my machine for about 3 hours, but so-far-so-good.

Good luck

Message 59 of 63
sbtaylor
in reply to: yooperjeff

Yes, only renamed the file, I don't have a recent version (last was 2008) to use as replacement.  Yes, I am having this issue w/ 2014 FULL VERSION so that is why the registry all ready had the correct entry.  Seems like the only solution is to downgrade the operating system?  It took a long time to figure out how to get rid of the stupid bells & whistles in 8.1, I'd like to avoid that if I could.

Message 60 of 63
yooperjeff

Try downloading the AECCore file that was on that blog post I linked to and placing it in the original file’s directory.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost