Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2014 - doesn't start - no error message

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Raisuli
873 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2014 - doesn't start - no error message

I have installed AutoCAD LT 2014 on a new notebook. No problems so far.

Now, when I want to start the program nothing happens. No display, no error message, nothing.

Looking into the task manager, an entry of the program shows up for a second and that's all.

The system is Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64-bit), 8 MB RAM, Core i5.

All other programs like Office 2013 or an older AutoCAD LT 2002 are working fine.

AutoCAD LT 2014 is the only one not working at all.

Has anyone an idea what is going wrong on my notebook? How can I start the program?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Raisuli

Restart Windows, then repair reinstall LT2014 and try again.
Message 3 of 5
Raisuli
in reply to: pendean

I have just deleted the program, restartet the computer and installed AutoCAD LT 2014 again.

NO CHANGE.

When I doubleclick on the program to start it NOTHING happens. Absolutely nothing.

Message 4 of 5
pendean

Proper program removal must include a proper uninstall of all Autodesk software followed by Windows Registry edits to remove all Autodesk references.

Then restart Windows, log in as full admin, turn off Windows Firewall plus your Anti-Virus app before reinstalling. You may need to restart Windows one more time and log-in as Admin before using AutoCAD.
Message 5 of 5
Raisuli

The problem has been solved! First I removed all software from Autodesk. That is version 2014 and an older one. After restarting windows I installed version 2014 again and this time.... AutoCAD LT 2014 is running. Maybe one of the many Windows updates so far was helpful, I am not sure about that. Anyway - there is no problem anymore. :-)) Bye

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost