Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2014 Win XP 32bit AnavRes.dll error causes crash

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
survtek
1332 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD LT 2014 Win XP 32bit AnavRes.dll error causes crash

Hello,

I recently purchased AutoCAD LT 2014 from the AutoDesk website and chose the download option.  I received several emails from the website, but none providing a link to the software.  I downloaded the free trial Windows XP 32 bit version and installed it on my computer using the serial number provided after my purchase.  My computer is running Windows XP 32 bit.  Installation went ok, it said that I need more memory and a better graphics card, but otherwise it installed normally.

Upon first running the program it opened normally, but when I opened an existing drawing file the program crashed after it had only been open for a few minutes.  No error messages were displayed, the program simply closed without warning.  When I tried to run the AutoCAD LT 2014 program again it got to the "Preparing working environment... RIBBON" stage and then I received an error message titled "AutoCAD LT" that said, "AnavRes.dll not found".  When I clicked OK, the program closed.  When I tr to open the program again it tries to open, but when it gets to the "Preparing working environment... RIBBON" stage it closes again.  I did a search for this file and found it in the following locations:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2014\en-us

c:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2014\x86\en-US\acadlt\Aclt\Program Files\Root

After trying to run the AutoCAD LT 2014 program several times I received an error message titled "AutoCAD LT Error Aborting" that said, "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0178 Exception at 5500c4e9h".  This error message was displayed when the application got to the "Preparing working environment... RIBBON" stage.  I told this error to report to AutoDesk and received confirmation, but nothing since.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the AutoCAD LT 2014 software, but it still does the same thing.  I now have a software that I need for work that cost $1000 that I can not use.  I appreciate your time and assistance with this issue.

Steve

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: survtek

Installation forum for assistance is here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost