Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2013 HATCH command freezes LT

57 REPLIES 57
Message 1 of 58
dwdeiss
6853 Views, 57 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2013 HATCH command freezes LT

For those who are waiting to upgrade to AutoCAD LT 2013, you may want to wait until there is a service pack available to fix the HATCH command.  I upgraded today (via subscription), and I am having the same problem with the HATCH command that was present in AutoCAD LT 2012 (pre Service Pack 1).  I am trying to hatch using the Add: Pick points option for my boundary.  LT completely freezes up!  The drawing size is around 2.8 MB.  This is very frustrating!  HATCH Add: Pick points works on small drawings...but I need to HATCH on my current drawing, and shouldn't be required to draw PLINES around everything!  Rant is over.

57 REPLIES 57
Message 21 of 58
hits4200
in reply to: pendean

I have done everything mentioned in this thread regarding hatches. I did not kill windows aero theme yet though (i like it 😕 ). I have turned off hardware acceleration but have not turned off Norton as suggested. I really feel like i shouldn't have to degrade my computer in order to simply hatch. Anyway, the latest update is that i still cannot hatch and if it does work its a half hour process. From now on my clients are getting plans without hatches until this is fixed. I simply cannot spend 2 hours trying to hatch various parts of my drawings when it should take 2 minutes and I also cannot spend half my day troubleshooting. I appreciate everyones help and in the future i will try to help anyone else with their issues that i know the answers too. PS: I really thought my computer could handle anything i throw at it for years to come. perhaps im very wrong.
Message 22 of 58
Jimfanuc
in reply to: hits4200

I'm afraid I have to agree.  I have had so many issues that are not resolved (no "X"'s to close windows, environment won't export / import, hatch, etc.) that I'm at this point finding work around's.  Thankfully, I fixed my own hatch and evironment issue, but the "X"'s still aren't fixed.

None of this was a problem in ACAD2008 and Windows 7 before.  Why fix what isn't broken?  And I find it telling that the support that is free for a paid for software that has issues, is dumped on a discussion group.

Message 23 of 58
pendean

Even Microsoft is killing off Aero Theme in Win8, so my guess is it does more harm than not. It may not cure yout issue, but it seems to fix a lot of AutoCAD hang-ups since LT2010.

I personally would not put 2013 in production before it's first patch is released: seems to be a pattern with Autodesk. I understand if some of you have no choice in the matter, but for those that do... .

Message 24 of 58
pendean
in reply to: Jimfanuc

R2002 was the best: but I doubt any 'not broken' code is left from that one in the current program either.

Message 25 of 58
koreyd77
in reply to: dwdeiss

AutoCAD sucks when it comes to hatching. I have never been able to get it to work right in the past 14 years of drafting with AutoCAD. I just built a bada** computer thinking it would help... nope. Still freezes up. It makes my computer run slow even when I leave it to hatch a very small area. I will be using Revit to do my line work in for now on then export to CAD. I run Revit, Chief Architect, Lumion with no problems and the one software that uses less hardware performance is the one that takes the biggest toll on my computer and me. Makes getting projects done a pain for me and my clients. The Windows areo, hatchpreview, graphics acc. nothing helps and Autodesk need to fix it or more people will go to a new product other than Autodesk software.

i7 3770k

16Gb RAM 1600

nVidiaGTS 450

120 SSD

850watt power supply 

Message 26 of 58
Jimfanuc
in reply to: koreyd77

I wish.  My customers all have acad.  Its the allen bradley theory, ie in get them hooked, and then there is no economical alternative.  There is no other that i am aware of, except for the rise of solidworks.  Since I don't need 3D, that price is not an option.

I still have the missing window close "X"'s missing, and can't close drawing recovery without restarting acad.  I fixed my hatch, but am waiting on having to change PC's.  Ugh.

Also, fixed the environment problem by finding the suooprt file (buried deep), and replcaing it entirely.  The CUI is a joke, as is the migration program in the main file.

And, I notice autodesk has off loaded the support to discussion groups, instead of fixing these problems themselves.

Message 27 of 58
Charles_Shade
in reply to: koreyd77

Thanks for the vent in the LT Forum concerning your other Vertical platforms.

I am fortunate that I have never been burdened with the issues that you have.

Message 28 of 58
pendean
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Maybe these good folks need to "upgrade" to LT instead 🙂

Message 29 of 58
mark.msg

My system freezes when using several different commands...happens the most when trying to hatch. But the copy command freezes the system too.

I have a new computer that has a the latest operating system and shaould be able to handle the AUTCAD LT 2013 program. I never had any trouble before.

HELP!

Message 30 of 58
pendean
in reply to: mark.msg

- Turn off Win7's Aero Theme and use Windows Basic theme.

- Autodesk Supported Graphics Cards List and drivers may have a driver for your video card that may help: http://www.autodesk.com/autocad-graphicscard

Other things to try inside LT:
- Change ROLLOVERTIPS variable to 0 (off)
- Turn off SelectionCycling, SC button (green/white box with a plus next to it) at bottom of screen
- Turn off any palette transparency.
- Turn off the new modeless LAYER Palette: don't just minimize.
- Set SHOWLAYERUSAGE variable to 0 (off).
- Turn off Hardware Acceleration within AutoCAD, icon on the lower right near workspace and toolbar lock.
- Set HPDLGMODE variable to 1 and/or HPQUICKPREVIEW variable to off.
- Set QPMODE variable to 0 (off)
- Turn off SAVEFIDELITY if you do not know for sure you must and absolutely have it (most users never need it on).

Message 31 of 58
Jimfanuc

Well, I'm having a fine time implementing the hardware fixes suggested.  When I change hardware, ACAD needs to re-activate.  Now, its telling me I have exceeded the reactivation number (which happened when I changed the video card and the mainboard).

I emailed the ACAD re-activation support listed, twice because they never responded the first time.  They sent an email informing me the number of attempts had been reached (Really?  Thats what the software said, and the point of the email I sent).  So I have sent an explanation, and am still waiting on a response.

At this point, I bet I have to send again.  AUTOCAD is a fine software.  It is a pity that the same cannot be said about AUTODESK the company.

Message 32 of 58
pendean

Well that bites... .

Call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:
http://usa.autodesk.com/support/installation/
1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 1 > (Stand-alone)

Asia / Pacific: 65.6735.5688
Europe / Middle East / Asia: 41.32.723.9595

Message 33 of 58
c85r86

Have been using Autocad 2002 for the past 5 years and have had nowhere near the issues that I have today with AutoCad 2013 or even 2012.  The new Autocad is slow and locks up the computer half the time.  Autodesk Inventor 2013 runs fantastic, it's fast and rarely locks the computer, or drops the program!

Message 34 of 58
Michalsz7

Same problem here. Just upgraded 12 computers in our office and purchased AutoCad LT 2013 for all. We also purchased 3 licenses of the full AutoCad 2013. The hatch problem is an issue on every single one of these machines. I have applied the workarounds suggested in this discussion without any success. 

Before we purchased AutoCad 2013 and AutoCad LT 2013 we first upgraded the computers. Currently our worst computer (out of the 12 upgraded) is:

DELL XPS

Win 7 64bit

3.0 GHz

8 GB RAM

2 GB Ram Vide Card

And our best computer (out of the bunch of 12) is:

DELL Optiplex 9010

Win 7 64bit

3.4 GHz

16GB RAM

2GBRam Video Card

Same hatch problem on all. 

We work on small to medium size Architectural projects and our hatches are small to high complexity. However we experience the hatch problem no matter how small and simple or large and complex the project is. The time it takes for some hatches to appear is measured in minutes. I can't tell you how frustrating this is for the people in our office, and I am the one that has to listen to it all - so please help! 

Why can't Autodesks hatches be as simple and easy to use as the hatches in ArchiCad? That's where I currently go for all of my hatching needs. 

Michal

Message 35 of 58
hits4200
in reply to: Michalsz7

My work arounds include selecting the hatch pattern as an object, zoom into only a small portion of the area to be hatched and try it that way, make sure your drawing is flattened. For me it seems different in each drawing so I just try one work around at a time. Frustrating just doesn't do it justice. Sent from my iPhone 5
Message 36 of 58
Jimfanuc

I find it funny that I keep getting emails from autodesk to upgrade when they cannot even fix the commands they have.

However: I found the same crash glitch that I thought I fixed.  I tried to hatch an object, and Autocad completely crashed.

I copied the object to a new drawing, hatched without any trouble, and reinserted into the original drawing.  It worked.

What does this tell us?  Anyone from Autodesk.

What it tells me is the replies saying its a hardware problem is incorrect.  There is some drawing object in the drawing that interferes.  This is an Autocad problem.

Message 37 of 58
mark.msg

Iit is especially frustrating when working remotely through team viewer or gotomypc.com since it requires someone else to reboot my computer. Mark Sanford, AIA Mark Sanford Group Intelligent Architecture Sent from my iPhone
Message 38 of 58
Charles_Shade

@Jimfanuc wrote:
.  There is some drawing object in the drawing that interferes.

AUDIT of the Drawng file can correct "mistakes" in how AutoCAD handles entites from time to time.

It is a useful Command and should be run on occasion.

Also, AutoCAD is know to be a memory hog and this can couse issues as well. Shut it down at lunch time and the start it up again. Doing so may help prevent crashes in the future.

Message 39 of 58
pendean

>>... find it funny that I keep getting emails from autodesk to upgrade when they cannot even fix the commands they have....<<<

Be rational: if you have documented reported problems sent to Autodesk of your issues then they are handled by another department that is not in contact with the Sales team in another part of the worldwide company.

If you do not have documented reported problems filed with Autodesk, the team in charge of fixing it may not be addressing them to your exact requirements. Assuming others did the reporting for you may not be the best thing to believe.

With annual releases, many believe the 'latest' version is the fix to a previous one: but again, assuming your exact fix was addressed is a stretch. Software developers with annual releases are most likely 2-3 or even 4versions ahead of the current release and a documented problem's fix may not show up until some time much later in the future.

FYI: as a general rule of thumb, a problem in one file that does not exist in a "empty" or "new" or "other" file is a problem with the file, not the program. So far that's all there seems to be in this latest batch of reponses posted to this old thread. Proper testing requires everyone else, other than yourself, be able to recreate the exact problem: around here, that usually means it's best if you can provide a DWG file and instructions on how to replicate your issue for that others can properly test.

Happy Cadding all, and watch those old dates in thread you reply to: it's best to start your own thread and reference another as an example rather that a "I have this too" and assume the correct solution was not answered previously.

Message 40 of 58
hits4200

I still get tips an ideas from this old thread. I think it's great in some cases that people still respond to them. My question is this. If there is a problem in the drawing, why isn't there a way to tell us what the problem is so we can fix it? Audit doesn't find a problem, purged the whole drawing, flattened everything and still have the same problem. This has been a problem in every single release. I have every release going back to 2004. The only one that didnt do it was 2008. But 2008 had its issues too. It's just a really sad state at Autodesk that they do not have a more efficient way of addressing such a wide reaching problem. For software that costs thousands of dollars I expect perfection and I only get what seems like a product that they were working on after a Friday night. Also, instead of having such an elitist mentality and really doing nothing but speaking condescendingly to people maybe you should try to be more helpful to people who aren't versed in the Elite user state of mind. Perhaps you should take a step back from answering on multiple forums in the same way you did here.   Most of these people on here are very smart people and probably know a lot of things you do not know. Because of how smart they are they would find betters ways to help you understand things that you do not know. Just saying. These are professionals not kids sitting asking what you may think are dumb questions.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost