Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2013 HATCH command freezes LT

57 REPLIES 57
Message 1 of 58
dwdeiss
6831 Views, 57 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2013 HATCH command freezes LT

For those who are waiting to upgrade to AutoCAD LT 2013, you may want to wait until there is a service pack available to fix the HATCH command.  I upgraded today (via subscription), and I am having the same problem with the HATCH command that was present in AutoCAD LT 2012 (pre Service Pack 1).  I am trying to hatch using the Add: Pick points option for my boundary.  LT completely freezes up!  The drawing size is around 2.8 MB.  This is very frustrating!  HATCH Add: Pick points works on small drawings...but I need to HATCH on my current drawing, and shouldn't be required to draw PLINES around everything!  Rant is over.

57 REPLIES 57
Message 2 of 58
Charles_Shade
in reply to: dwdeiss

HPORIGIN somewhere near where you are trying to Hatch?

Message 3 of 58
dwdeiss
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Charles, thank you for your question!

HPORIGIN is set at 0, which puts the center of my hatch about -200' in the x and 300' in the y from where I want my hatch (I have a lot of stuff on this drawing).  I also tried setting HPORIGIN to 1 (bottom left hand corner of where I am trying to pick), and LT still freezes when I select Add: Pick point.  I tried setting HPORIGIN to 0,0.  LT freezes.  I tried "click to set new origin".  LT friezes.  Not sure what else to try.

Message 4 of 58
dwdeiss

Just realized I typed friezes.  So hard to break out of architecture mode sometimes. 🙂

Message 5 of 58
dwdeiss

...and I meant HPORIGINMODE.  Wow!  Need more coffee!

Message 6 of 58
WAIDC

Believe me, its not just LT that freezes. The full version freezes all the time. Enough is enough Autodesk, sort it out!

Message 7 of 58
pendean

Can't replicate here in my 5mb files: curious you found the limitation is related to file size. Can you share one?
Message 8 of 58
Jimfanuc

Same thing on ACAD LT 2012.  My fix is to set "HPQUICKPREVIEW" to "OFF".  This fixed 2012.  You can try this in 2013.

Message 9 of 58
pendean
in reply to: Jimfanuc

That's a popular fix.

Message 10 of 58
jhjirak

Make sure that you dont have any hatch patern files (.pat) in the folders where you saved your drawings.  If you do it will crash the program when you try to hatch something with that .pat file.  Just move all those pattern files in another separate directory.

Message 11 of 58
dwdeiss
in reply to: Jimfanuc

I will set HPQUICKPREVIEW to off and give it a try.  Thanks for the heads up!

Message 12 of 58
dwdeiss
in reply to: jhjirak

Definitely no .pat files in my folder.

Message 13 of 58
neleblan

Hi There,

I am using AutoCAD Lt 2013 and I am still having a problem with the hatching. I have turned HPQUICKPREVIEW to Off and there are not hatch pattern files in the same folder as the drawing. If I turn off hatch animation will this help? And how do I do this?

Message 14 of 58
Charles_Shade
in reply to: neleblan

PC and Video card specs?

As with Dean no issue here using Hatch in LT 2012 (Win XP) or LT 2013 (Win 7)

Message 15 of 58
hits4200

Oh lord, I have the same problem. I have the full version of CAD 2013. Everytime i go to hatch even a simple rectangle CAD freezes and then crashes. Frustrating to say the absolute least. I have tried everything suggested on this topic. I know it isnt my computer because it happens in my coworkers plans to but ill put my comp specs anyway.

windows 7 professional 64 bit

AMD II X6 1100T BE THUBAN 3.4GHZ

16 GIGS OF CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR5

GTX 550 TI

(WITHOUT GETTING INTO SPECIFICS LETS JUST SAY IT IS MORE THAN CAPABLE)

The really sad thing is we have all spent a lot of money on a program that does not work. SMH

Sorry i couldnt contribute any solutions. Ive resorted to using the BPOLY command and selecting object to hatch.

Message 16 of 58
Charles_Shade
in reply to: hits4200

Anybody crashing in this thread using Norton products?

The four(?) with the issue need to find out what is common to those computers.

As with Dean I am not having Hatch issues in LT 2013 on Win 7

Message 17 of 58
hits4200

Hello Charles,

I use Norton360 as do my coworkers (3) who have the same issue. Someone suggested (outside of this thread) that my hatch database might be too big but i use only the hatches that came with CAD so i dont think it is that.

Thank you,

David

Message 18 of 58
Charles_Shade

Try disabling the Norton 360.

Norton products are notorious for mucking with AutoCAD.

Some light reading:

https://www.google.com/search?q=norton+360+and+autocad&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:...

Message 19 of 58
hits4200
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Well that isn't good news. I guess the good news is our subscription is up in 46 days. I'm definitely changing because Autodesk recognized the problem and I have never heard a positive thing about Norton, however, I have never had an issue until this one. Sent from my iPhone
Message 20 of 58
pendean

So you've done all the above suggestions about turning off hatch previews etc?

Did you also kill Win7's Aero theme yet? Do so.

Is AutoCAD/LT 2013's hardware acceleration on or off? Change it and see if that helps (off is best for most, but for some on works better).

Is your video card driver up to date? Isw it one Autodesk supports and has a driver for it?

Hatching since 2011 can be intense on a video card, you need to turn off a lot of the animation and preview functions in AutoCAd (and Win7) to find the culprit/trigger.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost