Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cadworksstudio
252 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2012

Hello Everybody,

A few days ago, I installed my AutoCAD 2012 LT onto a new computer.  However, now that I have installed it onto my new computer, I notice that the program does not run as fast as it did on my laptop.  The problem that I am having is that the computer glitches when I try to use simple functions like the offset command as well as the copy and paste command.  I cannot understand why this is happening since the computer I purchased has 6GB of RAM and a 1TB hardrive.  In addition, the computer crashed on me several times when I tried to copy and paste a whole floor plan today and displays an error message that tells me the display driver has stopped working.  If anyone knows what I can do to fix this problem, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

CAD Works Studio 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: cadworksstudio

Since it's the same program on  both pieces of hardware, there is something on the desktop that does not play well with AutoCAD/LT.

Start by turning off Win7's Aero theme (if you use Win7, your post was light on details), and change the hardware setting in LT2012 from whatever it is now (3DCONFIG command).

Also visit theAutodesk Supported Graphics Cards List and drivers website and see if your chosen video card has a compatible driver you can load:
http://www.autodesk.com/autocad-graphicscard

Message 3 of 4
cadworksstudio
in reply to: pendean

Hello pendean, Thank you for replying to me post! As it turns out, my graphics card will not support AutoCAD LT 2012 and I am trying to figure out which one to buy. This is sad because the computer is a couple months old and has 6 GB of RAM. Thanks again, CAD Works Studio
Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: cadworksstudio

Are you running Windows 7? Try the other suggestion I noted first, plus the 3DCONFIG change in LT2012 too. Hope that helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost