AutoCAD LT General

Contributor
CuriousYellow
Message 1 of 6 (600 Views)

AutoCAD LT 2012 text invisible in viewports

600 Views, 5 Replies
05-07-2013 01:58 PM

I'm running AutoCAD LT 2012.  The text in my drawing becomes invisible when I'm in the layouts.  (The text associated with leaders is still visible).  These drawings are not complicated, but the scale I'm using is 1"=200', so they are large.  Everything in the drawing is on Layer 0.  There are no X-refs.  When I switch back to the model tab, all the text is there.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you.

Mentor
KateMorrical
Message 2 of 6 (597 Views)

Re: AutoCAD LT 2012 text invisible in viewports

05-07-2013 02:11 PM in reply to: CuriousYellow

Are you using annotative styles?

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager
Washington, DC
BIMmuse.com
Contributor
CuriousYellow
Message 3 of 6 (595 Views)

05-07-2013 02:14 PM in reply to: KateMorrical

Would I see that in properties?  It does say 'annotative' under the text heading in the properties pane...  

Contributor
CuriousYellow
Message 4 of 6 (593 Views)

05-07-2013 02:21 PM in reply to: CuriousYellow

I can choose 'standard' among many others in the drop down 'text'>'style', but that causes the text to become gigantasaurus.  The other place is right below that 'annotative', drop down says yes or no, same result.  Text gets huge...  BUT, I can see it in the viewports!  You=awesome.

Mentor
KateMorrical
Message 5 of 6 (587 Views)

05-07-2013 02:28 PM in reply to: CuriousYellow

Usually my answers are more helpful before they get labeled as awesome. :-)

What is probably going on here is that your viewport is not the same scale as your model space. Look for the scale label in the bottom right corner of the drawing window. Also look for the triangular icons next to it, one for "display text for all scales" and one for "automatically add scales to text" or something like that. If you can set the height of the text to its plotted height (e.g. 3/32") and set the scale to its plotted scale (e.g. 1/8" = 1'-0") it should show up right in both model space and the viewport.

Annotation scaling is kind of a big topic, and worth a google search or two if you haven't used it before.

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager
Washington, DC
BIMmuse.com
Contributor
CuriousYellow
Message 6 of 6 (577 Views)

05-07-2013 05:54 PM in reply to: KateMorrical

You totally saved my bacon.  Beside the scale bar there are two buttons.  In layout, the left one was showing a little lightbulb OFF rather than on...  Toggled that sucker and all the text was there.

Someone in Idaho is popping a delicious frosty barley pop and aiming it your way.  Cheers!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community