Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2012 text invisible in viewports

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
CuriousYellow
1991 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2012 text invisible in viewports

I'm running AutoCAD LT 2012.  The text in my drawing becomes invisible when I'm in the layouts.  (The text associated with leaders is still visible).  These drawings are not complicated, but the scale I'm using is 1"=200', so they are large.  Everything in the drawing is on Layer 0.  There are no X-refs.  When I switch back to the model tab, all the text is there.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Are you using annotative styles?

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 3 of 6

Would I see that in properties?  It does say 'annotative' under the text heading in the properties pane...  

Message 4 of 6

I can choose 'standard' among many others in the drop down 'text'>'style', but that causes the text to become gigantasaurus.  The other place is right below that 'annotative', drop down says yes or no, same result.  Text gets huge...  BUT, I can see it in the viewports!  You=awesome.

Message 5 of 6

Usually my answers are more helpful before they get labeled as awesome. 🙂

What is probably going on here is that your viewport is not the same scale as your model space. Look for the scale label in the bottom right corner of the drawing window. Also look for the triangular icons next to it, one for "display text for all scales" and one for "automatically add scales to text" or something like that. If you can set the height of the text to its plotted height (e.g. 3/32") and set the scale to its plotted scale (e.g. 1/8" = 1'-0") it should show up right in both model space and the viewport.

Annotation scaling is kind of a big topic, and worth a google search or two if you haven't used it before.

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 6 of 6

You totally saved my bacon.  Beside the scale bar there are two buttons.  In layout, the left one was showing a little lightbulb OFF rather than on...  Toggled that sucker and all the text was there.

Someone in Idaho is popping a delicious frosty barley pop and aiming it your way.  Cheers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost