Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2012 - Mtext Width

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Fabulous1
5635 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2012 - Mtext Width

Hello.  After I create an Mtext I am not able to edit the width by typing a number in the "Defined Width" option in the Properties Palette. See attached screen shot "Mtext Width Control.jpg" - it may be hard to tell, but this width property is grayed out and not accessible.

Now I have read in the "Autodesk Exchange AutoCAD LT" that I am suppose to be able to change the width of Mtext in this fashion.  The exchange also says that you are suppose to be able to alter the width in the text editor by right-clicking the ruler and selecting "Set Mtext Width" - this option is also grayed out and not accessible.  See the attached screen shot "Mtext Width Control (2).jpg.

In the Autodesk Exchange I looked in the list of System Variables related to Mtext and there does not seem to be one to turn on these options.  My co-worker that has LT 2011 is able to edit Mtext width in both these ways that I can not.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Fabulous1

You can set the width inside the MTEXT editor too: can you?

Yours is set to 1454, way too wide I suspect: PROPERTIES does not look to be locked in your screenshot. Your grips also look wrong/funny.

Message 3 of 7
Fabulous1
in reply to: pendean

Not sure Dean if I follow completely, but if I am then no, the Mtext width in the properties palette does not appear to be locked, but when I took the screen shot it really was (the grey background is too faint in the jpg for some reason).

Now from everything you said inspired me to look closer at the properties palette!  IT TURNS OUT that my columns property of Mtext was set to "Dynamic Columns" which locks out the Mtext Width from being edited except by stretching the ruler in the text editor.  I just needed to change my "Mtextcolumn" system variable.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 7
daytonagk
in reply to: Fabulous1

Has anyone found a solution to this? I am having the same problem.

Message 5 of 7
pendean
in reply to: daytonagk

Did you read the last reply from the originator of the post? They solved it for their situation.

Message 6 of 7
daytonagk
in reply to: pendean

Thank you. I had changed the mtextcolumn variable to 1 but it needed to be set to 0. Thank you.

Message 7 of 7
sw.burge
in reply to: daytonagk

if you go to your properties tab and change the "column" from either "dynamic/static" to "none", that should fix your problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost