Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2012 FATAL ERROR

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
FLOOK2011
1007 Views, 9 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2012 FATAL ERROR

I have a set of drawings that are dwg's that have a dwf referenced/attached in. When I try to print, I get the following error.

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation reading0x2573d000 Exception At 4f6c133fh (the numbers differ between drawings) I can plot all other CAD files with no problems, just this set.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: FLOOK2011

>>>...just this set...<<<

Fix the set: use RECOVER command to open and fix each of the files, starting wiht the XREFs first then the top files. Remeber to QSAVE afterwards.

If needed, you may have to also import a working PAGESETUP from one of your templates into these top file to print correctly.

Message 3 of 10
zalant

Based on the error reports you've submitted (thank you!), the module that is crashing is HPICR7A0.DLL, which is a file included with the drivers for HP's 1100 and 600 series plotters.  It's odd that something drawing-specific is causing the driver to (seemingly) crash AutoCAD LT.  

To double-check that it is something with the plotter driver, try plotting to the 'DWGtoPDF' or 'DWF6 ePlot' plotting devices in AutoCAD LT, and see if those exhibit the crash, as well.  If they don't, we're back to looking at the plotter driver for the HP.

Also, if you have LT 2012 installed on any other computer, go to that machine and try plotting the same drawings to the same plotter and see if that crashes there, too.

Zac Travis
Message 4 of 10
FLOOK2011
in reply to: pendean

Pendean: Yes I did try that. Used another template,  which worked with just the DWF imported. When I started to add more to Paperspace I received the error again. Not sure if the DWF can be too large? Yet if I just print from Model space, it is fine.

Message 5 of 10
FLOOK2011
in reply to: zalant

ztravis: Other users also experienced the crash. I did plot to PDF & DWF6 and no crash.... So I guess it is the driver for HP. Is there a solution to this?

Thank you

Message 6 of 10
pendean

Check the differences in the PLOT parameters between the two tabs and the pagesetups, most likely your plotter is not able to handle the volume of output you are sending it from paperspace.

Message 7 of 10
drjohn

@Zack:

I had the exact same issue with 2012 crashing unexpectedly (I guess they are ALL unexpected Smiley Indifferent ) but after an 85 dollar phone call to ADESK support it still occured.  I can't remember what lead me to call HP tech support, but they solved the issue.  There is a driver issue with ACAD and HP that may need to be addressed. By whom I don't know but it should be.  I am not the only one that had the issue but apparently I (and HP) am the only one that has solved it.

The solution was to install an HP universal driver.  There is a thread (mine) about it here somewhere.

Regards,

DJ

Message 8 of 10
zalant

I agree with Dean.

If there is no crash when plotting to DWF or PDF, then you could work around the problem by first plotting to either PDF or DWF, and then plotting the resultant PDF or DWF to the plotter (from Adobe Reader or Design Review).  It would add another step to your process, but at least you'd get the plotted output you're after.

As for a permanent (non-workaround) solution, there may be a newer version of the driver from HP, or (as John stated) you may need to use the HP Universal Print Driver (assuming it would work with your plotter). 

Ultimately, if there is a real issue between AutoCAD and a driver for a specific plotting device (and it sounds like there is, here), it is not likely something which will be targeted for fixing within AutoCAD.  Most of the time, such conflicts are resolved via the release of newer plotter drivers.

Zac Travis
Message 9 of 10
FLOOK2011

@DJ- Thank you. I will have to contact HP

@ZAC-

Plotting to a DWF or PDF , then sending to plotter is not an option, unless you can give me a resolution. When I do plot to DWF or PDF the "original" DWF I have inserted into the drawing, prints very light and is by then almost unreadable.

Thanks

Message 10 of 10
zalant

I cannot think of any reason why an attached DWF would plot out lighter on a PDF or a DWF. 

I've attached a drawing file (DWF Insert Test.dwg) and a DWF attachment (IRD Addition.dwf) to this post.  Also attached is the DWF (DWF Insert Test.dwf) that I created by plotting the DWG file to the DWF6 ePlot device.  Try the same procedure and let me know what result you get. 

Zac Travis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost