Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2011 freezing on certain functions...help

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
788 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2011 freezing on certain functions...help

This issue started yesterday, I had never had it happen before.  If there is an existing thread on this somewhere please point me to it.  AutocadLT 2011 is freezing without a warning or error messages.  I can recreate the problem by doing a few process, they are:

• redefining a block
  • writing over another wblock
  • it freezes when opening a file that gives me the error saying it's missing language files
  • and when opening a file that asks me to delete the layer filters
So whenever those dialogues open acad freezes.  I have walked co-workers through the same processes and their machines don't freeze.  It hasn't mattered which drawing I'm in, they all act the same way.
I have unistalled and reinstalled.  I updated to AutoCADLT 2011 1.1.  I'm running XP
Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Restart XP in safe mode and see if you can recreate the LT issues.

Are all your other users in XP 32bit like yours? If yes, what is unique about your PC (hardware and software)?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Ok, first, when I try to open it in safe mode it tells me I need a larger resolution to run autocad.  So the program never completely opens.

Second, my system is 32 bit XP with 2.49 GHz of 2 GB ram.  The other system I tried on it is a desktop running 32 bit XP with 1.86 GHz of 2 GB ram.  I'm not sure there is much else different.  I may be close to just doing a reformat of my machine.  

Any other suggestions before I do that?

Message 4 of 7
pendean

Correct, safe mode runs at the minimum resolution for AutoCAD but it should run and let you use it for testing purposes (no one is suggesting it as a working solution). Try again? The test here is to recreate the crashes you noted earlier, if they cannot be reproduced the issue is a driver (display) or app that is running in the background.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Well yeah I understand the concept of testing it in safe mode, it just won't let me open autocad in safe mode.  Autocad gives me an error saying it requires a minimum resolution to run and then it closes.

Message 6 of 7
pendean

Hmm. I no longer have XP to test for you. But can you not reset the display to a higher setting? Windows is not running your card and should let you go up to 1024x768.

OR, How about stepping through XP's startup and not loading any drivers (except the video card) and seeing if that stops the issues. If not, it could be the video card driver then, in which case an update (or downgrade) from the manufacturer's website (or turning off completely it's hardware acceleration setting in Windows XP's Control panel).

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Ok, I didn't have the option to just turn on the video card in safe mode, but was able to turn down the acceleration on that card.  With that Autocad still froze the same ways it was before.  At this point I think tomorrow or Friday I'm going to reformat this machine.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost