Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2007 on Windows 7...unable to modify my .pgp files.

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
JonAJ
2868 Views, 11 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2007 on Windows 7...unable to modify my .pgp files.

I've recently installed AutoCAD LT 2007 on a new computer running Windws 7 64 bit.  I've been able to modify/customize everything except my .pgp files.  

I've found them under C:/Program Files (x86)/AutoCAD LT 2007/User Data Cache/Support/acadlt.  Once I've gone through and made my changes, and attempt to "X" out of the dialog box, I'm prompted to "Save" changes.  I choose "Save" and am then told the "acadlt.pgp already exists. Would you like to replace it?".  I select "Yes", and am then told "Access Denied"...with none of my changes being saved.

I've learned about an "unsanctioned" workaround...running a "run as XP" patch, but I'm having trouble finding out details/feasability of this solution.  Additionally, I'm curious if I go this route, will all my programs now run as if on XP?

Anyone have any experience on this one? 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Charles_Shade
in reply to: JonAJ

WIn 7 Pro, Ultimate, and Enterprise (off the top of my head) all have an XP Mode for installing older software.

Did you go this route for the initial install?

BTW - The PGP file reads like it is being opened Read-Only or something similar.

Have you tried saving the current with an extention .old and then doing what you need and saving that as .pgp?

Or saving the edit to something else and then renaming the file? ( A different cheat.)

Message 3 of 12
JonAJ

Unfortunately, as a small-time designer, I'm only running XP Home Premium.  But, yes...I was aware of the XP Mode available for the higher level versions of W7.

Hadn't tried the cheat of saving the original with another extension and then my modifications with the original extentsion.  I'll see how that works and post back.

Thanks...

Message 4 of 12
JonAJ

I tried to save the original file with a .old prefix and bring in my revised file.  Although W7/AutoCAD let me do this, when I ran AutoCAD my revised .pgp files were not active.  I then ran a "reinit" and still no luck?!  

And for the record...I've done some looking into running VMWare (Sun Vitual Box and VMWware Lite/VM XP Mode).  Unfortunately it looks a little too "geeky" for me to be comfortable going that route.  But it looks like it could be viable if you're comfortable going that route. 

Any other ideas?

Message 5 of 12
JonAJ

Sorry...meant to say .old SUFFIX (not prefix)

Message 6 of 12
pendean

You probably did not replace the correct PGP file: AutoCAD only finds and uses the first one it comes across going down the folder list found in OPTIONS command>FILES tab>Support File Search path list... .

Message 7 of 12
JonAJ
in reply to: pendean

Sorry, Dean.  Still a no-go...even when I save my revised .pgp file "above" the default file.  Here's what I did:

I opened the Support file and renamed the default file from "acadlt" to "acadlt2".  I then copied in my modified file, naming it "acadlt".  Thus named, it appears higher on the list than the newly renamed default file.

I then started AutoCAD and ran a "reinit" command.  All modified keystroke shortcuts are still in their original/default mode...no changes.

Message 8 of 12
JonAJ

Dean...looks like you were correct and I was misunderstanding. I was previously simply replacing these files in the appropriate folders starting with the C: drive.  

For those out there (like me) who might be misunderstanding this process, here's what Dean was getting at...

1.  Create your modified .pgp file and save it in a folder somewhere in secure, out of the way location

2.  With AutoCAD open, choose Tools>Options and then the FILE tab.

3.  Click/open "Support File Search Path"

4.  Choose "Add" and then "Browse"

5.  Find the folder containing your modified .pgp file and click "Ok"

6.  Single click on your newly created file path so that it's highlighted

7.  Choose "Move Up" repeatedly until your new file path is the top of the list

8.  Click "Apply" and then "Ok"

9.  In the command line type "reinit" and leaving all boxes blank, choose "Ok"

This should do the trick!

Thanks again for contributing!

Message 9 of 12
jmcpeak
in reply to: Charles_Shade

trying to find the setup.exe file in autocad lt 2007 to change

the compatibility mode but can't fine it. Help

Message 10 of 12
rizmay

Can anyone suggest me where to buy autocad lt 2007software
Message 11 of 12
pendean

eBay? Just be aware you might be buying software you can't register.
Message 12 of 12
duongthieu.ddt

You don’t have to use Longbow software.
Land desktop companion 2009 is the best solution on win 64 bit.
Every funtions, display, commands in land desktop civil design 2007 is all in LDT 2009
You can see and download here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xUoq0SdwBg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost