Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2005 Can't Activate

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Montmac
4069 Views, 9 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2005 Can't Activate

Hello, I have been trying to re-install AutoCad LT 2005 on Win XP Pro. When I tried to activate I get an error. The error asks if I want to continue running scripts on the page but no matter what I choose (yes or no) it does nothing.

Is it still possible to use AC LT 2005?
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: Montmac

May I ask why you need to reinstall?
Are you installing from a disk? have you tried copying the disk to the HD first?
Are you logged in as full administrator in WinXP? Are all running apps closed/turned off?
Message 3 of 10
Montmac
in reply to: pendean

I need to reinstall because I sold the Dell laptop I was using, now I am using a virtual machine with a new install of Windows XP Pro.

I have the software CD with the Lic Key and the Auth Code. It's completely installed and running as a 30 day trial. The problem is when I try and activate it.

That is when after filling everything out and attempting to send it I get a script on page error. It asks me if I want to continue running the script or cancel.

I have to choose cancel as selecting continue does nothing. Cancel does just what it says, cancels the activation.

Best Regards,

Randy
Message 4 of 10
pendean

The error concerns your webbrowser and perhaps Autodesk's site: it has ntohing to do with your LT2005 license I believe.

Are you using IE10? or IE6? do you have another browser you could try?
This site has some useful links: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=18269590
Message 5 of 10
Montmac

You could be right but there is no way around it. I am using IE8 with all the latest updates.

I have tried selecting FireFox and Chrome as my default browser but AutoCAD bypasses that setting.

No matter what I do I get the error. It doesn't launch IE or any other browser it seems to use a built-in

format?
Message 6 of 10
pendean

"virtual' means you are running a MAC with a Windows partition, or in a virtual software? That may be a clue.
Is IE8 and WinXP fully patched and updated? Turn off script debugging in IE's properties? Internet Options>Advanced Tab>select all the DISABLE SCRIPT... items.
Message 7 of 10
Montmac

This is how it is set now?
Message 8 of 10
pendean

Try accessing the weblink I provided earlier and see if you can find additional information or alternate methods to register (you may have to call).
Message 9 of 10
DarrenP

you can also try these: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6404339&linkID=9240617

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
Montmac
in reply to: DarrenP

They took care of me, thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost