Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2010LT Sluggish

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
artecllp
682 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2010LT Sluggish

New Laptop

Processor: Intel i7 720

Ram: 6G

GPU: Radeon HD 5650

Autocad LT 2010

Windows 7 HomePremium

ACAD Runs verry sluggish on all commands ... my old PC with Dual core AMD 4200 and an old Video card GEFORCE 6600 runs super fast.

not many programs installed (office, sketchup) and I have uninstalled many unwanted junk programs that came with the system

Do not have antivirus

Using Zone Allarm for internet security (same as the old computer)

ACAD Communication center: Product is up to date

Really frustrated and not being able to work with the new computer for drafting.

Just found out that by turning off certain options AutoCad becomes fast again

Slow down options that I had o turn off before getting it fast again were:

-Ortho

-Polar Track

-Object Snap Track

-Dynamic Input

Realizing that even when streching dynamic blocks when a tip wants to show up by the cursor the system slows down significantly.

Coming to the understanding that its the tip or degree or number that comes by the cursor that makes it sluggish not the options themself but the appearing of the tip makes things slugish

any suggestions?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
artecllp
in reply to: artecllp

Found a temp solution :Smiley Happy

Right click on dynamic input > Setting > unclick Enable dimension Input Where PossibleSmiley Wink

I really like having that optionSmiley Sad ... does anyone know a fix to this or why it makes ACAD sluggish when its turned on ?

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
pendean

Turn off WIn7's graphics features, as I suspect your old PC was not equipped with it, correct?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT/Windows-7-and-AutoCAD-LT/m-p/2762628#M95326

There is also a patch for LT2010 that is required to run in Win7.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240818#section2

Message 4 of 5
artecllp

Thanks .. Just by changing Win 7 theme has helped a lot ... Smiley Very Happy

Its not as fast though .. Especially when the layer manager is open.

I hope Autodesk comes up with a patch for this as it will cause people to change programs.

Thanks again

Happy New Year

Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 5
Modman_4

Search these forums for similar posts that may have SPEED UP AUTOCAD attached to them...

I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost