Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architectural Add-on for AutoCAD LT 2012

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
joeman27
5054 Views, 14 Replies

Architectural Add-on for AutoCAD LT 2012

Does anyone know of any add-ons for Autocad LT 2012 for architectural production drafting.  Something to speed up drafting of construction documents.  Ideally it would have the ability to create walls, doors, windows, sections, and details etc. 

Currently using autocad 2012 lt with no add-ons and Autocad architecture seems overkill for simple 2-D drafting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Joe

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Charles_Shade
in reply to: joeman27

One of the limitations of the $1000 price tag.

Many of these things can be emulated with Dynamic Blocks but without LISP and other program languages you are limited with what LT can do.

And by the way; is not what you describe exactly what AutoCAD Architecture is for?

Message 3 of 15
Bob_Zurunkle

I agree with Chuck. If you go to the dynamic block forum you may be able to glom some good examples for your use. In my current position I have added wipeouts behind my dynamic blocks, so as to cut down on exploding and trimming objects. I think I posted a simple stair and rail, and I know that Chuck has posted lots of architectural stuff. I also posted a dynamic door that can be swung to numerous positions. I don't know about cutting walls though, but that oculd be accomplished with a wipeout.

Long ago I used template drawings, custom blocks and a customized menu to speed up production. A good standard template contains CAD standards as well as plotting preferences. You can imagine building a library of details you can use over and over (and possibly a database to keep track of them by various categories). If you need 3D, LT will do a pseudo 3D and limited shading. Good luck!

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 4 of 15

If I could get the wipeout thing to work I would be a happier monkey.

Message 5 of 15
joeman27

Bob, thanks for the info. I agree I think with good dynamic blocks and wipeouts that will save lots of time.

Also, I know autocad lt can run macros. I have never tried this but could this help save time and avoid repetitive tasks?
Message 6 of 15
Charles_Shade

Yes, Macros due relieve some of the tedium from mundane tasks.

Same advice as above. Try and post when you get stuck or ask if someone has already figured it out. Many are willing to share.

Message 7 of 15
Bob_Zurunkle

LT doesn't have all of the programming capability of the full version, but you can assign macros to butotns for example, using DIESEL expressions. I find that when I make a dynamic block with a wipeout I have to be very careful to send it to the rear, or in the case of a clamp assembly I did, to have one wipeout at the rear for the u-bolt, and another behind the moving portion (clamp and nuts) but above the u-bolt. It works for me 🙂

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 8 of 15
garrys

Hi,

Yes there is an excellent add-on for LT2012 in the UK. its called LT Architect. www.cadlogic.com

Will not currently run on the 2013 platform or 64bit. Its a superb application try it.

Garry 

Message 9 of 15
Charles_Shade
in reply to: garrys

How does this integrate with LT?

Message 10 of 15
pendean
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Wonder what's going on, their website says (for all their AutoCAD/LT add-ons):

"This product is under review and the trial version has been removed for the time being. If you have any questions regarding the availability of the trial version, please email us at support@cadlogic.com. "

Message 11 of 15
garrys

Hi,

It integrates with LT and adds additional drop downs and libraries. You can download a trial version from theri website.

Have fun

Garry

Message 12 of 15
Charles_Shade

But how?

I don't want to violate my EULA by unlocking Lisp functionality in LT.

Most of these add-ons in the past do just that.

Will my License be okay or will Autodesk come knocking on my door?

Message 13 of 15

In sweden we use lots of addons for LT, using Diesel macros and Visual Basic commands (and not lisp). They are in many cases a lot moore than just a symbol library with f e functions to create stirs etc..

Im not sure how different the Swedish standards are from yours, but I think that can be tweaked quite easily since there are commands for creating your own window/door/wall sizes etc..

Theres a trial version og Point Smart Architect for ACAD LT here:

http://www.reell.se/point_smart.html

Unfortunately its in swedish language, but the buttonicons are pretty selfexplainable..

Kind regards Patrik

Message 14 of 15
pendean
in reply to: PatrikLundqvist

Cool stuff

Message 15 of 15
Irish2

I had sent an email to their support and this is what I just received:

As it stands LT Architect works with 32 bit operating systems with AutoCAD LT up to 2012.

It is only fair to point this out to prospective buyers and this is reason it has been withdrawn from sale (we do allow existing users to purchase additional licences bearing this in mind).

We have no plans for a newer version or 64 bit compatibility, it may happen in the future but it is not on current development schedule.

Regards

CADlogic Support

Since there are lots of people still using a 32-bit system I'm not sure I understand why they would withdraw it from sale? I use 64-bit so it is a no go which is too bad because it does really look intriguing!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost