Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All lines show as continuous in model space - but plot correct

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sorento.design
5086 Views, 4 Replies

All lines show as continuous in model space - but plot correct

Hello,

This is a problem I have had for a long time only it is gradually getting worse.

All my Hidden/Phantom/Dashed (etc.) lines show as solid continuous lines in Model Space.  Sometimes they display correct in Paper Space - sometimes not.  However the lines always show correctly when plotted. Often what I do is REGEN a few times and flip back and forth between Model & Paper Space and it fixes the problem, but only temporarily.  However now I am working in a file and it doesn't seem to fix no matter what I do.  I have tried fiddling with the LT Scale, purging, etc. but can't seem to find a solution!

I am hoping someone has another suggestion for me!

I think it is worth mentioning another issue I have; it should really be in a thread on its own but could be related to the one above.  I cannot have more than one drawing open in a single AutoCAD LT 2014 application without intense lag and/or crashing.  What I've been doing is opening another AutoCAD LT whenever I need to use more than one file.  This is obviously not ideal - but it works for now. 

Thanks a lot!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
drjohn
in reply to: sorento.design

Perhaps set PSLTSCALE=1, MSLTSCALE=1 and CANNOSCALE as well as LTSCALE.

I usually have my LTSCALE set to .5 for my type of work.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 5
pendean
in reply to: drjohn

Agree with DrJohn on that one: what are your setings for all four variables noted? Keep in mind these will not be universal settings, you need to keep track of them in each of your drawing files.
Message 4 of 5

OP the CANNOSCALE setting in modelspace is usually one of the biggies. By default it is 1:1, but if a paperspace viewport is 1/4"=1'-0", then you should go into modelspace and try setting CANNOSCALE to 1/4"=1'-0" there as well. This might resolve a lot of your issues, but if you've been overriding linetype scaling for example, then those lines still might not show up as you'd like. I always suggest to set LTSCALE, MSLTSCALE, MSLTSCALE & CELTSCALE all to 1 to begin with, and to reset all linetype scale overrides to 1:1. Then you can try different linetypes at the proper CANNOSCALE setting (or try them in paperspace, where you'll output from in 1:1 scale). You may be able to find the ones that work best for you. if not, then you may want to develop your own linetypes that read correctly in paperspace, or use the scale overrides. Good luck!

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 5 of 5

Thank you for all your suggestions but nothing seems to make a difference!  I apologize for the delay in my response as I have been on holiday. 

I have now updated to AutoCAD LT 2015. For the most part, I still have the same issue although some hidden lines are displaying properly at random, When I move or mirror them, I can see the patterns for a while but eventually they go back to being solid lines. It just seems to be happening at random.  

So far any new files I've started in LT 2015 are working without issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost