Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accelerator Keys Interrupt macros

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ipi
Advocate
788 Views, 4 Replies

Accelerator Keys Interrupt macros

For years we have used keyboard shutouts to simplify commands with AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT.  As an example, we use ctrl-F1 as zoom dynamic.

In the old days, this was done by modifying the ACCELERATOR section of the .mnu file.  When 2009 came out and mnu files were replaced with CUI files, we created a partial CUI file that contained the accelerators we wanted.  The problem is that if we hit more than 1 F key in the middle of a toolbar command it interrupts the macro.  As an example, if we are using a tool button to insert a block and we hit F3 to insert it at the endpoint of a line, then change our minds and hit F6 to insert it at the insertion point of another block, the rest of the toll button macro won;t run.

I was hoping after 2009 that this was a glitch that would be addressed in 2010 or 2011, but that's not the case.

Thanks,

David

David Hassan

IP Illustration
www.ipillustration.com
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: ipi

FYI, CUI showed up (and MNU files died) with R2006/LT2006.

You don't quite explain where in the CUI you've added your Osnaps or how you coded each for anyone to confirm in LT2006 through LT2011 whether they ever worked.

CUI command in all the versions offers several methods, including built-in accelerator keys you can re-assign as well as already defined temp override keys (which also have some that remain unassigned). See both screenshots. Consider these built-in features.

Message 3 of 5
ipi
Advocate
in reply to: pendean

OK, I've copied the desired Osnaps from the command list to the Shortcut Keys under Keyboard Shortcuts.  For this discussion, the 2 commands I will use are SNAP, Endpoint and SNAP, Nearest.  For each of the commands, I have coded them to a particular F key, F3 and F6 respectively.

This works, unless you hit one of these F keys multiple times while in the midst of a toolbar macro.  As an example, if I click on a tool that is supposed to start a p-line, change the line to arc, then allow the user to pick the second point of the arc but choose F3 and then F6 in the middle of the command, the arc portion of the command is lost and the command continues just drawing a pline.

Sorry for the delayed response.

David Hassan

IP Illustration
www.ipillustration.com
Message 4 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: ipi

Alien abduction?

Lost in the Amazon?

By chance did you remove reference to the normal function of F3 and F6 from the CUI?

(Wondering if partial CUI Loads are canceling your override - SWAG)

Message 5 of 5
ipi
Advocate
in reply to: Charles_Shade

While i was exploring the Amazon I became lost.  In my effort to find civilization, I was abducted by aliens.  The probing was't as bad as you might imagine: they are surprisingly tender in this regard.

I did unload the partial CUI and have just double checked to be sure that it is indeed unloaded.

David Hassan

IP Illustration
www.ipillustration.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost