Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acad LT 2015 comments

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
gccdesign
509 Views, 1 Reply

Acad LT 2015 comments

I've been trying out a trial version of 2015, on Windows 8.0. Mostly all is working fine. I do have a few comments.

1.    I really do prefer the new dark color scheme. It truly is (as advertised) easier on the eyes.

2.    I guess the new pre-selection colors are better, no complaints here.

3.    When I move, copy, or some other commands, you get this little icon upper right of the cursor. While this does remind you what command you just enabled (in case you forgot already) I do find it a little distracting. I prefer to just have my attention located on the center of the cursor. If I keep using it, I will see about turning that feature off.

4.    I do not have any screen flickering, crashes, any problems whatsoever so far. Looks stable and trouble free (Yay!). This is important to me, I appreciate this. Basically plug & play.

5.    When I am moving or copying an object, sliding it around in model space, it is not very visible. I compared this to 2014, moving objects is very visible, quite a bit faster to place them. In 2014 with simple objects there is no waiting for it to "draw" so that I know where I am placing it. With 2015 there is about a 1/2 second wait so that I can see enough to place it. I use hardware acceleration on both.

6.    I really prefer the dark color scheme. But if you prefer the light color scheme, it might not work out so well. Many icons on in the various toolbars are almost invisible in the light color scheme. Like line, polyline, linear and aligned dimensions, things like that. Many of the elements in the icons are very light gray or white lines, and light gray lines do not stand out well against a light gray background. But they do stand out well against a dark grey background. Maybe I can use a sharpie to make them stand out ;-).

7.    Regarding my blocks I have in tool palletes, my blocks show with black lines, as they do in 2014. But on a dark grey background they do not stand out very well. But it's better than light gray on light gray.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
braudpat
in reply to: gccdesign

Hello from France

I appreciate your comments  ...

Regarding Point 3 : I agree with you !

Unfortunately we can't disable this 2015 new feature : Badge Display

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost