Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to Use Two Setups of AutoCAD LT 2014 on the Same Computer

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
jonojazz
406 Views, 13 Replies

Ability to Use Two Setups of AutoCAD LT 2014 on the Same Computer

I have AutoCAD LT 2014 installed with proprietary company overlays/menus which do not allow me to access some of the new features (mapping) including the default menus. Is there a way to install a 2nd setup that would allow use of new features?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: jonojazz

Did you create these menus or did you receive it from someone?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 14
pendean

Workspaces in AutoCAD/LT to do what you want: Workspace A would be your company content, Workspace B would be the default menus.

Most likely, unless they trashed them, they are already there and ready for you to use: ask your CAD Manager to walk you through the steps.

WORKSPACE command is also availavble as a QAT and ribbon and menu pulldown: look it up in HELP.
Message 4 of 14
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: pendean

It could be workspaces. Depending on the features and menus you are looking for.

But in AutoCAD LT you can only switch between "Drafting & Annotation" and "AutoCAD LT Classic".

@Jhono - Could you please specify exactly what you are looking for and also respond to my previous questions.

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 5 of 14
pendean

Wrong, that's bogus information again: you can create and switch between as many workspaces as you want: I have six, four unique to specific customers, my default and a testing workspace.
AutoCAD/LT is more than just OOTB limitations.
Message 6 of 14
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean,

I was talking about DEFAULT workspaces. We still dont know exactly what Jhono is looking for. I know you can create your own workspaces and save as many as you want. But for all we know it could be a menu exported from AutoCAD (Full Version) and doesn't want to work now. I am sorry if I confused you. I am trying to find out EXACTLY what jhono needs!

Jo - Ann
Message 7 of 14
jonojazz
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

The menus were authored by our company.

Message 8 of 14
jonojazz
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Thank you JoAnn.  I would like to have the default Ribbons, Menus and Toolbars available. I have a project that would benefit from having the GIS mapping available which is not available in our corporate setup.

Message 9 of 14
JoAnn_Hogan

Could I ask you to please add a screen shot of the menu you are talking about and I could tell you how to find it.

(Just for clarity, You might need to take the screen shot from another PC)

Jo - Ann
Message 10 of 14
JoAnn_Hogan

Do you already have the GIS mapping software?

Jo - Ann
Message 11 of 14
dgorsman

As far as I know AutoCAD LT has no GIS or mapping functions built into it.  And since it cannot host customization like full AutoCAD there can't be any additions of that nature either.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 12 of 14
pendean

Are you looking for Ribbon INSERT Tab's SET LOCATION option, and LT's Live map Data solution? page 12-through 20 in this PDF: http://autocadinsider.autodesk.com/files/autocad-lt-2014previewguide.pdf

It's found in the stock ACADLT.CUIx but you need to be logged into Autodesk 360 first. You could just type GEOGRAPHICLOCATION at the command line to launch it (still need to be loggged into Autodesk 360).
Message 13 of 14
jonojazz

Perhaps I inadvertently mis-defined the mapping feature included with AutoCAD LT 2014.  Please correct me if I'm wrong but it was my belief that there is a feature within AutoCAD LT 2014 that provides the ability to map an area and do some estimated measurements.

Message 14 of 14
JoAnn_Hogan

When using the "Set Location" found in the Insert tab. You can type in the coordinates, it will give you the area but the measuring is not 100% and you cannot snap to any of the lines in the drawing. Its like a "picture" of a map below your drawing. For accurate mapping out areas and measuring you would use AutoCAD 3D Map. The command is called Rubberstamping. 

Jo - Ann

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost