Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATTEXT does not work with visibility parameter

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
PaulLenz
922 Views, 5 Replies

ATTEXT does not work with visibility parameter

The attached DWG contains a big block with a visibility parameter which can make the red hatch invisible. This block also contains some dynamic blocks which have automatic attributes and it also contains one attribute (value = 7777).

There are some more blocks for testing in the drawing, some have a visibility parameter, some don't.

All attributes have the same name LAENGE.

Now please use ATTEXT on all blocks with the attached template. You will get all attributes, but from the big red block you get only "7777".

Now please open the block editor and remove the visibility parameter from the big red block and save it. Then use ATTEXT again - and now you will get all attributes from the dynamic blocks.

What is the reason for this behavior? How can I get all attributes from blocks with visibility parameter?

(I am using ACAD LT 2010.)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: PaulLenz

It is most likely due to the fact that all the Nested Blocks have the same Tag as the Top Block.

Not sure why it would bet hung up otherwise.

Message 3 of 6
PaulLenz
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks for your answer. If you mean the reason is the attribute containing "7777" - this is only for testing purpose. You can delete it and the problem will be the same.

The guilty one is only the visibility parameter. IMHO it is simply an ACAD bug.

Message 4 of 6
Charles_Shade

You may be absolutely correct in your HO.

My experience is that all Attribs in a Block need to have unique Tags.

In the case of the block posted this is not true since the Tag is repeated as many times as the Nested blocks are inserted.

Message 5 of 6
PaulLenz
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I am afraid, I did not understand exactly what you mean.

Anyway, I removed all blocks except the big one, and I removed the extra attribute from the block and all nested blocks except one of them. So there is only one single attribute left in the whole drawing which is here attached.

The result is the same: ATTEXT extracts nothing. If you delete the visibility parameter, ATTEXT works.

Well... I thought, I am clever. Smiley Wink

I removed the visibility paramater and inserted a linear parameter instead. Then I used this parameter to scale the red hatch to 0.0001 and let it disappear on this way.

The result is the same: ATTEXT extracts nothing. Then I deleted the linear parameter, and ATTEXT works. This means, it is not only the visibility parameter - any dynamic parameter causes the problem.

Well... facts are facts. Would you please try ATTEXT with a full version of ACAD? Or other extracting commands which ACAD LT does not have? Perhaps I can finally convince my employer to provide me with a full version.

And I think, this item should be reported to your development departement.

Message 6 of 6
Charles_Shade

I'll point you back to the nested blocks not being extracted.

I do not have the time to test as you are to solve this or confirm the Dynamic Parameters causing the issue.

Nested Blocks

Read in this from Help about extracting Attribs from Nested Blocks. I've never done this myself but I suspect that you will need to adda Level to get these inserted Nested Blocks Attribs.

Also, it may still not work properly if all these Nested Blocks have Attribs with the same Tag name.

The anonymous name may override that issue, I am just not sure; though it should.

I am an LT enduser like you and do not Full available.

The "development" department is at school right now but I doubt they could offer help anyway. Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost