Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEC point problem from 2013 file

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
386 Views, 2 Replies

AEC point problem from 2013 file

Hey guys,

The engineering firm I work with just upgraded to autocad 2013.  I have autocad lt 2011 and have downloaded all upgrades and civil object enabler but I cannot get some of the base information such as tree points, property line, etc.  is this a compatibility problem or a fault on their end?  They did try to save it down but no luck.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

2013 introduces a new DWG format that upgrades all AEC content out of the reach of users in 2012 and lower.

There is no fix or OE or download or a save down to get you that ability in 2011: you will need to upgrade to 2013 or ask them to destroy all AEC content by sneding you copies of their files using -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command (there is a dash in the name of the command).

AEC content gets upgraded with every DWG format change and is removed from access by lower DWG format AutoCAD programs: this is by design from Autodesk (deliberate or not, it's been a reality since 2004 came out in the year 2003). Hope that explains the background.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks Dean,

I was hoping I wouldn't have to upgrade.  I will try to get them to save in an export for now.

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost