Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 Day Trial of Autocad LT 2011

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jimpabin
2289 Views, 4 Replies

30 Day Trial of Autocad LT 2011

I am halfway througha 30 day trial period and I plan to purchase the software.  The prompt I get on opening says I can register on line for $1,158.  Amazon.com lists the software for $899.  Is the Amazon product the same one I am trying?  I need 64bit and have Windows 7 professional.  The Amazon product data sheet says that the software supports both of these.  If I buy from Amazon will I need to stipulate 64 bit and the edition of Wndows 7 I am using?  If Autodesk sells it to me for $899 instead of the $1,158 I get on the startup prompt life would be easier.  Deal?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Irish2
in reply to: jimpabin

I just did the same exact thing. I am assuming you have the 64-bit trial version? What you get from Amazon (make sure you buy it from AMAZON and not another supplier through them) is the pack with the program on disc. You get both the 32 and 64 bit dvd's. However, the trial version is the complete program already so you don't have to reinstall anything. All you have to do is start up your trial version and the opening menu asks you if you want to either "use autocad" or "register autocad". Click "register", all the serial and product keys needed are on the case you get from Amazon and then you are good to go from there. You will now be a legal user of the newest version of autocad lt 2011!

Message 3 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Irish2

To add to the above:

Please purchase the DVD and do not rely on the download only. I've read too many stories over in the Installation and Liscensing Forum of people having trouble downloading, especially and previous version, if they need to reinstall for some reason.

Amazon was running a Subscription special with purchase at one time too.

BTW - If the Serial Number is trouble for some reason post back here. I'll have some advice on that too.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: jimpabin

LIST price vs. Consumer price: you know you've seen it everywhere else, ever watch The Price Is Right and wonder why everything is so high, or even on infomercials...

(blah blah blah, a $200 value, here to you for only two easy payments of $19.99 plus a free grater, magic jack and tears of joy) 🙂

Oh, and unless it stopped running, Autodesk's price also includes with it the Annual Subscription (which also means free direct Autodesk support all the time) for free.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Irish2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost