Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 LT Extreemly Slow to open and save drawings

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
tronyort86
707 Views, 9 Replies

2013 LT Extreemly Slow to open and save drawings

Hopefully someone has a solution to my dilema.

I have 2013 on both my work and home office computer. At the office I am running Windows 7 Pro.

Home Office, Windows 7 Home.

At work, I am connected to a server but mostly save and open my drawings from my local drive.

The drawings open and save within 1-3 seconds. The drawings can range in size from 3000-6000 KB with 20-50 layers.Man Sad

At home, (no network) it takes 45 seconds to 1 minute to open and save the exact same drawing.

While opening the drawing the message is "Formatting text, please wait"  or sometimes the screen turns white and it says "Not Responding"

What could this be??

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Charles_Shade
in reply to: tronyort86

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Do you have the same setup and Font files at both locations? Not just the same named Font but make sure the definition is the same.

What about OS, RAM, Graphics at each location?

Aero theme at home and Classic at work?

Message 3 of 10
Bob_Zurunkle

OP it might be helpful to hit F2 after the drawing opens, and take a screenshot of the command history to post it here.

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 4 of 10
ChuckEdwards

This link will give you some ideas: http://www.cad-notes.com/2012/12/speed-up-autocad-configuration/

The ones I found myself were changing the SAVEFIDELITY setting, and stopping the InfoCentre from loading. Changing those two saw saves in LT2010 go from c.25 seconds, to a fraction of a second.

Message 5 of 10

Nice link but is not .25 seconds a fraction of a second? Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 10

The use of c. is an abbreviation of latin 'circa', around or about. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circa 

Not to be confused with 'C' as in the speed of light (E=MC2) or C, the programming language... though saving at light speed would be handy, we're stuck I think with our servers.

Therefore the saveas has gone from circa 25 seconds, to about a quarter of a second.

And I bet you thought you'd never be getting Latin in an Autocad discussion group...Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 10
pendean
in reply to: ChuckEdwards

Fancy! I do feel my little pinky rising in the air as I hold my cup of tea right now 🙂

Good tips BTW.

Message 8 of 10

Excellent! Raising the bar on Educating the banal masses is a hobby of mine.

BTW - What I now understand as a period after the C I took as a decimal in front of the .25.

Message 9 of 10

Glad I can help  Smiley Happy

And don't forget kids, volunteering is important, and what with the US government shut down, we need to all do our bit....

Message 10 of 10
KAYMAR
in reply to: ChuckEdwards

Brill. Worked for me. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost