Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 autocad lt stall when opening new job

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
68dustin
279 Views, 4 Replies

2012 autocad lt stall when opening new job

My auto cad seems to be stalling when opening, it hangs up on "sheetmanger". It will open up finally after about 10mins. I've tried reinstalling it and turning off the sheet manger with setting it to "0". Does anyone have an idea on how to fix it? I reinstalled it yesterday and it worked for a few hours, but then started acting up this morning. Any suggestions would be great! thanks..

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: 68dustin

As a quick test, unplug your network cable, and disable all other possible network connections (such as WiFi).

Start up LT again.

Any difference?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 5
68dustin
in reply to: rkmcswain

OK, That does seem to help open the file. I do have to make sure i have sheet manger shut off though.

Message 4 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: 68dustin

It's not uncommon for AutoCAD to be looking for something it can't find. It sends the O/S a request for a file or something and the O/S could take several minutes to search for it, all the while making AutoCAD wait.

If there are no network resources to search (when there are no connections), then it's much faster. So if you are interested in finding out what it's looking for, and you want to "get your hands dirty".... see this article.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 5
68dustin
in reply to: rkmcswain

thanks.. ill take a look at it.. anything will help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost