Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 Feature?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
rdcain
324 Views, 5 Replies

2012 Feature?

Not sure if this is the correct area to ask this question, but I will start here.

I am currently using AutoCad LT 2006, but I am looking to upgrade to either AutoCAD LT 2012 or AutoCAD 2012 (full version).

My question, with the 2012 versions---Is there still a feature that will allow the user to switch the computer screen layout to the "Classic"  AutoCAD screen layout and not use the Ribbons.

I have had some training on 2011 AutoCAD and recall it having this feature, but I wanted to see if this was still available on 2012.

Thanks in advance for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: rdcain

I'll have to look at mine at home but I think you can switch to the 'classic" workspace. However, I'd advise that you retain the ribbon so you can get yourself familiar with it...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 6
Charles_Shade

WORKSPACE Command still allows for Classic workspace in 2012 products.

LT 2012 $1000

2012 $4000

(in round dollars of course)

Embrace the Ribbon - It really is a good change.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 4 of 6
rdcain

Thanks to you both for the response. Don't get wrong, I am all for new features, but I did not want to slowdown my workflow while I learn the in's & out's of using the ribbon. I am use to the "Classic" workspace and where everything is located. 

I guess it would be my "safety net" until I get up to speed with the newer version.

Message 5 of 6
Charles_Shade

I have clicked buttons for, well; since LT first came out. I am not a type oriented cad monkey.

No problem using the Ribbon and am glad I did and feel that finding what command I need is faster and easier.

Went from LT 2008 using buttons to LT 2011 using Ribbon and spent about a day getting the Ribbons up, maybe a week tweaking and learning.

I've been admonished a bit for so heavily editing and discarding Autodesk Ribbon panels and menus to my own designs that I may be missing out on some enhancements that are available.

Message 6 of 6
mtoups01

yes it does.... I just upgraded from 2007 and it took me a while to get used to it then I found the button. Much easier now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost