Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 Double Click Editing - How to change?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Biedy
1298 Views, 6 Replies

2012 Double Click Editing - How to change?

Because ~gasp~ it doesn't work the same as 2011!

What I would like to happen is have the full property menu open when I select more than one line of text and then double click. As it is, the quick properties opens (in 2011 and previous, full properties opened) . I still want the Edit Text window to open if I double click only one line. I have gone into the user interface and customized some of the items I want for double clicking, I know how to do that, but I'm not sure what change to make for the multiple item double clicking. I actually would like the full properties anytime I pick and dbl-click anything, you know, like the old days.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Biedy

New to LT2012: customize the QPM for the info you need in CUI (no one really needs ALL of the properties ALL of the time) while you wait for a method for your quest.

Message 3 of 7
Biedy
in reply to: pendean

Good enough, thanks Dean.

Message 4 of 7
scottspeig
in reply to: Biedy

This is pretty much what I'm looking for too!

I use quick properties in general for my regular editing of stuff, but would like the properties to open when I double click on a second (or 25th) dimension for example. Not only that, but I would also like the quick properties to disappear when I open the properties toolbar. Something that used to happen....

Looking through the CUI hasn't yielded any fruit and I am resorting to typing the command "properties" in order to get the properties up! If this has been irreversibly changed from a previous release, then I'll have to try thinking of doing fancy things with mouse button combos with keystrokes...

Message 5 of 7
pendean
in reply to: scottspeig

QP goes away if you deselect the object(s): that's how it works. Yours behaves differently?

PROPERTIES palette can be docked and set to auto-collapse too: if you are typing and closing all the time you've not tried this built-in feature. Try it now.

As for not finding anything in CUI for QP, see attached screenshot: are you stating these options are missing?

Message 6 of 7
scottspeig
in reply to: pendean

QP does go away when I deselect the object that is the same.

What used to happen is that when the PROPERTIES pallette was opened (by double clicking), QP closed automatically (presumably since you never needed both open! Now, QP stays open along with the PROPERTIES pallette)

And in regards to the CUI, I was looking for the option of what a double-click does when used on multiple items. For example, when I double-click a dimension, the PROPERTIES pallette opens. If I have two (or more) dimensions selected, double-clicking the dimension no longer opens the PROPERTIES pallette, rather it defaults to opening QP (which I already have open)

After trying out leaving the PROPERTIES pallette open and collapsing (and anchored), I quite like that!! Thanks!

Message 7 of 7
pendean
in reply to: scottspeig

QP will always open if you have two or more objects selected. It's how the program is designed to behave. AFAIK you cannot override the behavior.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost