Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 LT Crash in Windows 7 64b

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
pna_leon
1095 Views, 6 Replies

2010 LT Crash in Windows 7 64b

AutoCAD LT 2010 crashes every time when I click on Minimize button or go to any drop-down menu with
FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Writing 0x0000 Exception 650167fdh.
I'll appreciate any advice.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
David.Dyche
in reply to: pna_leon

Hello,

I understand that AutoCAD LT 2010 crashes with a FATAL ERROR whenever you click the Minimize button or any menu.

There are a few things that can cause this type of error, and I'd be happy to help you with it, but I'll need some more information in order to start troubleshooting. Please answer the following questions:

1. Has AutoCAD worked on this system before? If so, when did the issue start?
2. What version of Windows is this on?
3. What is your video card and driver version?

Please let me know your answers and we’ll get started.

Best regards,
David Dyche
Autodesk Support Team
Message 3 of 7
pna_leon

Hi David,
AutoCAD never worked on this system. It was brand new installation of AutoCAD 2010 LT.
This machine was brand new when I installed AutoCAD.
I am using Windows 7 Ultimate
Video card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD4830 Series;
Driver Version: 8.632.0.0

Attached image shows my computer configuration.

We have the same HP Envy 15 computer in our office that was bought a couple of months before mine. I installed AutoCAD on it for testing purposes using the same media, and it works fine.

I also tried to recover computer to factory settings, and then installed AutoCAD again, but got the same crash 😞

Thanks for your help,

Leon
Message 4 of 7
David.Dyche

Hi Leon,

Thanks for the update.

There are still a few possible causes to this error. Please try the following tests to help narrow it down:

1. Test AutoCAD in a new, local, admin account. The steps can be found in this link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/Windows7/Create-a-user-account

2. Reboot into Selective Startup. Here are the steps:

a. Go to the Start menu > Run
b. In the Run box, type MSCONFIG and click OK. This brings up the System Configuration Utility
c. Click the Services tab at the top
d. At the bottom (just above the OK button) click the Hide All Microsoft Services checkbox
e. Make a list of any unchecked items so that we can reset it when we're done
f. Click the Disable All button
g. In the unchecked list, enable FLEXnet licensing service to turn it back on
h. Click the Startup tab, make a list of unchecked items, and click the Disable All button
i. Click OK and restart Windows when prompted (just click OK on any permission error you may get.)
j. After rebooting, close MSCONFIG with the X in the upper right

3. If the issue continues, remove and reinstall AutoCAD from the new account while in Selective Startup.

Please let me know if this works for you or if you have any questions.

Best regards,
David Dyche
Autodesk Support Team
Message 5 of 7
pna_leon

David,
Thanks for the advice ...
I already solved the problem ... I ended up restoring computer to factory settings with Windows 7 Home OS.
Then I installed AutoCAD and run it without a problem. Only after that I used Windows Anytime Upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate, which didn't affect AutoCAD behavior.
Apparently the reversed process (upgrading to Windows 7 Ultimate and then installing AutoCAD, which I initially used) caused the grief. I can't tell what part of the OS was incompatible with AutoCAD, but the issue has been resolved.
Thanks for your help,
Leon
Message 6 of 7
David.Dyche

Hi Leon.

I'm glad to hear that you got AutoCAD LT working.

I'd appreciate it if you could take a moment for some quick feedback on this forum.

Best regards,
David Dyche
Autodesk Support Team
Message 7 of 7
lcrocco

hi david, my wife was encountering this same exception (with 100% repro) on closing the app. I tried your test 1 and it the app closes successfully in a new local admin account. Is there a workaround so that she can use the application logged in as herself?

Thanks,

Bob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost