AutoCAD LT General Discussion

machinist63
Message 1 of 5 (635 Views)

side by side configuration incorrect

635 Views, 4 Replies
01-24-2008 05:46 AM
I just installed AutoCAD LT 2008 on another computer, it did fine for a couple of days then I received an error. Application failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect see event log for further details. This is a "fresh" computer with vista, but since it ran okay a few days, I don't think that is a factor. I am not running another version on it, though I did intall this upgrade without first putting my 2006 on it, but if that was the case, why did it run a few days? How do I access the event log?
*Dean Saadallah
Message 2 of 5 (635 Views)

Re: side by side configuration incorrect

01-24-2008 10:01 AM in reply to: machinist63
Vista, like XP, has a system restore feature, try that. Something changed on
your PC (added or deleted, or "updated"), find out and remove it if
possible.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
machinist63
Message 3 of 5 (635 Views)

01-25-2008 09:30 AM in reply to: machinist63
Thanks, I tried that to no avail, I guess I will uninstall AutoCAD and try it again.
claudio.gagliano80
Message 4 of 5 (204 Views)

12-26-2013 01:09 PM in reply to: machinist63

Hi, I have exactly the same error, the only difference is that I'm running ACAD2014, on a windows 8 machine, it all went fine, until I updated from windows 8 to windows 8.1.

Please help.

Claudio.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 5 of 5 (197 Views)

12-26-2013 02:55 PM in reply to: machinist63
Win 8.1 is not currently approved for use: no real for for LT right now except to properly install win 8.1 (reformat your HD and reinstall all apps), or roll back to Win8.
Some users have had luck properly removing LT as posted by autodesk, restarting Windows, using a Windows Registry Cleaner then reinstall LT.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community