Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with XREF

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
dvincer23
480 Views, 11 Replies

problems with XREF

i xref a floor plan in which one of the sections has hidden lines. In the file with the XREF in it, the hidden lines are not showing. help!
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: dvincer23

They're hidden LOL

Sorry, could not resist: are the entities' linetypes set to BYLAYER and in
your master file that linetype is set to something else as an override?

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 12
dvincer23

on my floorplan file they are dashed (hidden lines) but when i xref it they are solid lines. In the floorplan file the part that is 'hidden' is part of lpan that also has continuous lines. So the linetype is not hidden its just the line itself
Message 4 of 12
GegH1

Any answer to this?
I have a similar issue. I have received a number of drawings from another consultant.
LTSCALE and UNITS are set the same but when, line length is the same, lintype is the same.
If i draw a centrex2 line in their drawing the dashes are one size, if i draw a centrex2 line in our drawing of the same length the dashes are a completely different size.
Creative Intentions
AutoCAD Certified Professional
Win 10 Pro 64bit, HP ZBook 17
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

PSLTSCALE, and in newer AutoCAD versions, you also have MSLTSCALE to set as
well.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 6 of 12
GegH1

They are all set to be the same.
I have since tried to set up a blank template. Using a couple of utilities (on full CAD) i have imported the named UCS with no problems. I then imported the Named views, this also worked.
I copied and pasted all the objects from the Other consultants drawing, they came in fine and initially looked correct.
When i the switch to one of the named views the lines went haywire again and won't go back.
It obviously has something to do with a setting in the named views but i can't see where? Style maybe?
Creative Intentions
Message 7 of 12
GegH1

They are all set to be the same.
I have since tried to set up a blank template. Using a couple of utilities (on full CAD) i have imported the named UCS with no problems. I then imported the Named views, this also worked.
I copied and pasted all the objects from the Other consultants drawing, they came in fine and initially looked correct.
When i the switch to one of the named views the lines went haywire again and won't go back.
It obviously has something to do with a setting in the named views but i can't see where? Style maybe?
Creative Intentions
Message 8 of 12
ArjenK

Dear GegH1,

Did you ever get an answer/sollution for this problem?

I'm experiencing the exact same thing with two xrefs now in ACAD 2013.

kind regards,

Arjen

Message 9 of 12
ArjenK
in reply to: ArjenK

Never mind.

Found the sollution to my problem elsewhere on this forum:

Check "measurement" in both drawings and then reload all linetypes (or just 
troublesome ones)
Measurement=0 is imperial =1 is Metric. Sets which acad.lin and 
acad.pat it uses. (acadiso.lin is metric)
Once setting is changed, linetypes need to be reloaded to be correct if they 
were loaded from incorrect file.

Message 10 of 12
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: ArjenK

You should mark your solution as "Accepted as solution" so that others with similar problem can navigate to the solution.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 11 of 12
Charles_Shade
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

Actually this would be better if ArjenK provided a link to the Thread that has the Solution and that that Thread is marked as the Solution. (Which it may already be.)

And the MEASUREMENT Variable is almost lost in the text of the answer

ArjenK should also look at the the MEASUREINIT Variable so that his work is all Imperial or Metric.

Since ArjenK did not originate this Thread he cannot mark as Solution and the subject line is a bit too generic to lead to anything that has to do with loading linetype files for Imperial or Metric setups.

Message 12 of 12
ArjenK
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Found it here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2006/Xref-linetype-problem/td-p/.UNG5SW872bM

But it was not the sollution in that tread...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost