Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plotstyles .ctb

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
pcw13
540 Views, 3 Replies

plotstyles .ctb

I have just upgraded from AC LT2009 (Windows XP)  to AC LT2012 (Windows 7) 

It could not find my old plotstyle files.  So I copied both the .ctb and the .stb files to the "User data cache"\plotstyle\ folder because that is where I found the 2012 .ctb files located.  When I go to plot it still shows that the one I want to use as "missing".

How do I make those files active??

In other upgrades that is all I have had to do was to copy the files into the new location.

Please help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lrlandusky
in reply to: pcw13

Check your plotter file location in AutoCAD:

1. Click the "A" menu in the upper left and then click the options button down on the right.

2. Go to the Files tab, and click the plus sign next to Printer Support File Path.

3. Check the location of the Plot Style Table Search Path.

I changed my search folder to a location on our server so we can share the ctb files.  You probably need to either specify a folder you want to use for the files or change folder to the place where you copied the files.

Hope this helps,

Lance

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: pcw13

In LT, old or new, start STYLESMANAGER command (type it) and the folder your system is set to look for plot style tables comes up. Copy the ones you want to/from there.

Message 4 of 4
pcw13
in reply to: lrlandusky

Lance,

Thank you very much your exact instructions they were perfect.  There was another "plotstyles" folder that I had placed my files in.  Thank you for telling me how to find the correct path name!

pcw13

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost