Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new selection dialog box

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
361 Views, 7 Replies

new selection dialog box

In Acad LT 2014, is there a way to control what properties show in the Selection Cycling dialog box? Sometimes I use this when I have a lot of overlapping lines.

I would like to be able to add a column in the dialog box for "Layer". Currently it shows color and object type (like line or polyline).

Thanks,

GChapp

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Color, Object Type and Layer are shown here: what do you have SELECTIONCYCLING variable set to? mine is at 2.

Did you "migrate" from an older LT version when you installed or starting using LT2014?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Dean,

MIne is set at 2 (when on).

I migrated from 2011 LT.

GChapp

Message 4 of 8
pendean
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Dean,

Thanks, I'll have to do this later when I have time to rebuild my ribbon the way I want it.

GChapp

Message 6 of 8
pendean

Might be quicker to backup your CUIx file then use the CUI command's Transfer tab to rebuild a new one later.
Message 7 of 8
gccdesign

Dean,

I reset to default, and am rebuilding my toolbars and ribbon as I want it.

But it hasn't changed my selection cycling box. It still only shows the object color, not the layer.

What I was hoping to get here is for the selection cycling to show color and object type (as it does now) and also the layer.

Here is what I get. Is this the same as what you get in 2014 LT?

It looks like I have two logins, gcCad & Hikerman.

Thanks,

GChapp

Message 8 of 8
pendean
in reply to: gccdesign

Not sure we are talking about the same thing now that I see your pop-up: SC only offer the object type and color like you get. You can't add to it's display.

You might find rollover tips more useful, it have the info you seek.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost