Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost windows in Mac LT

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
makitecture
237 Views, 4 Replies

lost windows in Mac LT

I am using AutoCAD LT for Mac on a MacBook Pro.  I often plug into a 27" Imac to use its screen (the Imac screen is set up as the primary screen).  Yesterday, in single screen mode, I went to change a layer color and was unable to find the color selection window.  Later I tried to print and was unable to locate the "edit page setup" window.  I plugged back into the Imac but these windows appear to be gone for good.  Anyone have a suggestion.  Am I to the point of reinstallation?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: makitecture

The windows are likely on the Laptop (secondary) screen. They are still there just hidden

You need to go back to the daul screen with the 27" as the primary. The other windows should be viewable on the Laptop screen.

Move CAD back to the Laptop screen and then unplug the 27" monitor.

(That should do it.)

There is a way to move them from the Command line but it takes a while and I'd have to find the thread here that discusses it.

Resizing the display can help also.

Extend the Desktop across both monitors an option?

Message 3 of 5
makitecture
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks for the response.  I have tried all of the things you mentioned with no luck (I can get the drawing window to move on to both screen but can't stretch it any further than the 27" size).

Now I have noticed that the block attribute window is missing as well.  

If you have the thread for the command line prompt I would love to read it.

Thanks again. 

Message 4 of 5
Charles_Shade

A place to Start:

http://ltisacad.blogspot.com/2007/09/dialog-window-or-command-pop-up-gone.html

Not sure how this will work in the Mac environment.

Basically type the command at the Command Line so the particular window is active and follow the Alt+Spacebar+M keystroke to get it to move.

Message 5 of 5
pendean

MAC forum, LT or full AutoCAD, is here, it would be worth asking folks that use your exact version for help instead of this Windows-centric forum you are posting in right now:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/bd-p/520

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost