Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linetype not showing up in 2013 LT

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2473 Views, 4 Replies

linetype not showing up in 2013 LT

I am currently running AutoCAD 2013 LT on a Windows 7 64 bit system.  I was recently running this same software on a 32 bit system computer and everything was running properly.  After the upgrade, I have noticed a linetype issue that I cannot seem to get a handle on.

We use a "insul" linetype on building sections that should come out looking like an architectural insulation pattern.  After upgrading to the new computer, this linetype only reads as dots, nothing else.  I have gone to other comnputers in the office that are displaying this linetype properly and have copied their acadlt.lin as well as acadltiso.lin files over to my computer and it has not solved the problem.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Modelspace or Paperspace?

Annotative scaling the same for all seats? CANNOSCALE

LTSCALE?

PSLTSCALE?

MSLTSCALE?

CELTSCALE?

Are these all the same across all seats?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Those settings are the same between all the stations.  It's almost like the linetype is non existent in the 64 bit machines.  When I load up the same drawing file on both systems, the linetype dropdown on a 32 bit system shows the "insul" linetype as diagonal lines but on the 64 bit system, it shows the same linetype as dots.  As I mentioned before, both systems are using the same acadiso.lin as well as acad.lin file but the 32 bit system shows the linetype properly.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

The core linetype in called BATTING in AutoCAD/LT 2013: "insul" is from an outside source you acquired from somewhere else.

Either share the source code for "insul" for review (you are probably missing a required shape or font file for it to work, not on your new 64bit PCs and still on the old 32bit PCs), or use the "factory provided" BATTING linetype which works just fine.

To avoid such issues in the future, get into the habit of creating a custom LIN file to house your own or 3rd party linetypes instead of burying them into core LIN files so that you can keep better track of your customized needs.

Message 5 of 5
erpaker
in reply to: pendean

I'm having a similar problem with line types.

I've tried all the scaling possible aswll as changing the linetype.

nothing seems to work.

when I open it on another comp it looks fine.

any thoughts?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost