Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

like me I enlarge the preview to open a file

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
planospierobon
1864 Views, 7 Replies

like me I enlarge the preview to open a file

I want the preview to open a file to enlarge for better view thumbnails.
attached a picture so know q speak.
thanks for replying.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: planospierobon

The previews are just small static bitmaps, so no matter how large you might be able to get the preview window the quality will not increase much, if any.    If you use the Sheet Set Manager to open files, the preview window there is a bit larger. Windows Explorer (presuming you are on Windows) will also display a larger preview, but with the same aforementioned limitations.

preview2.png

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 8

it is a business which recomendas me ... but when you open an autocad drawing. I can enlarge the preview. no matter the quality of the image

attached image of how it goes now

RECLAMO - AUTOCADLT.jpg

attached picture of how he wanted

RECLAMO - AUTOCADLT2.jpg

Message 4 of 8
SteveDuch
in reply to: rkmcswain

I also notice that depending on what version of AUTOCAD the file was last saved with, it may show larger or smaller in windows.  Is there a way in Windows to have the .bmp size auto adjust ?

Message 5 of 8
SteveDuch
in reply to: SteveDuch

Sorry, here's the screenshot:

Preview CAD size.jpg

Message 6 of 8
pendean
in reply to: planospierobon

All you can do is set THUMBSIZE variable to the maximum size in AutoCAD then resave the file to get the largest size possible (may not be as big as you want) http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-E295F164-A540-4B4A-9844-6159CC91BF89

Experiment.
Message 7 of 8
SteveDuch
in reply to: pendean

Ah thanks, close but no cigar;  Probably would work but THUMBSIZE isn't available in AutoCAD LT.  Only THUMBSAVE which just turns it on/off.

Message 8 of 8
pendean
in reply to: SteveDuch

My bad, I opened the wrong HELP file. Perhaps upgrading to full AutoCAD is in your future if you all really need this ability 🙂

Otherwise, Windows can't do much since AutoCAD is the source image creator: remember, Windows Explorer is not looking at the content of the file just a raster image snapshot from the last save.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost