Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a way to select black layer color

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
madcowscarnival
1989 Views, 2 Replies

is there a way to select black layer color

As the subject asks: is there a way to choose black as a layer color (for text)?  I frequently print USGS map sections with notes added on.  I would prefer the text simply be black rather than dark gray (or any of the other dark colors).  Typically my drawings are all monochrome, so its not an issue.  However, USGS prints are all in color, white text is not automatically recognized as black due to the colored background.  Therefore it prints white (absence of color over background) and can't be easily read.

Currently I use color 250.  Is there a trick or add-on that would let me select straight black for my text or layer color?

Thanks in advance.

Aaron

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: madcowscarnival

Color 7 is 'black', nothing else.

Setting your plot style table correctly should stop your text from printing white.

See this LT Help topic on the subject:

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocadlt/enu/online-help/WS1a9193826455f5ffa23ce210c4a30acaf-5faa.htm#...

Message 3 of 3
heinsite
in reply to: madcowscarnival

Create a layer just for text objects.  Define its color as Color 7 as Dean suggests.  Set this layer current and be sure it is set to "by layer" anytime you create text in your drawing.  Regardless of what (color) plot style you use your text should come out black when you plot/print the drawing.  There are ways to make this not so, but it's beyond the scope of the original question.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost