AutoCAD LT General Discussion

dferagen
Message 1 of 17 (501 Views)
Accepted Solution

import text style into my fonts

501 Views, 16 Replies
02-21-2012 06:11 PM

I am having trouble importing a tt text style called neuropol into my autocad LT 2009 fonts  I have done this before using windows xp os.... I have a new computer using windows7 and cant get it..... I have the new text style on my desktop and have tried to drag it but no luck I have tried to import the file as well but no luck  it looks like it doesnt like dgn files or ??? can anyone helpme????

Dennis

*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 2 of 17 (496 Views)

Re: import text style into my fonts

02-21-2012 06:44 PM in reply to: dferagen

Go into Options > Files > Support File Search Path and look for the directory used for Fonts.  Make sure you put your TT font file there.  You may need to restart the program to be sure AutoCAD can find it.

If you want to use the font in other programs stash a copy in your Windows font folder too.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 3 of 17 (487 Views)

02-22-2012 04:58 AM in reply to: dferagen

You also mentioned DGN files.

This is information in the Help section:

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocadlt/enu/online-help/search#WS73099cc142f4875518134151150332e308-7...

Also, if you look at the bottom of the window, OPTIONS, Files tab, you will see where this file should be created or stored.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
Kudos + gladly accepted if you are feeling magnanimous

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 17 (481 Views)

02-22-2012 06:32 AM in reply to: dferagen

How to install TTF fonts the correct way in Windows (not AutoCAD):

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/TrueTypeInstall.mspx

SHX fonts install as instructed above, TTF should be installed to be used system wide.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
dferagen
Message 5 of 17 (476 Views)

02-22-2012 09:06 AM in reply to: dferagen

OK i followed the path you suggested but I dont see an option for actually inserting the text style of my choice into that file when I select the filepath autocadLT2009/fonts and select 'add' it displays an empty box on another line  where do i go from there? Thanks for responding

Dennis

dferagen
Message 6 of 17 (475 Views)

02-22-2012 09:12 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

I think the DGN thing is confusing me, first of all  I dont know what that means, and it doesnt seem to have anything to do with text... what is DGN? 

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 7 of 17 (466 Views)

02-22-2012 09:44 AM in reply to: dferagen

<<<I have the new text style on my desktop and have tried to drag it but no luck I have tried to import the file as well but no luck  it looks like it doesnt like dgn files or ??? can anyone helpme????

Dennis>>>

Not sure either. Read the third line of your post.

Just responding to what you wrote.

DGN are Microstation files.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 8 of 17 (463 Views)

02-22-2012 09:48 AM in reply to: dferagen

The TTF file needs to be installed in the Windows Font folder per Deans link.

This TTF Font file does not need to be placed in any AutoCAD folder for access by CAD.

An SHX Font would need to be installed in the AutoCAD Fonts folder as noted above.

This Folder should be linked in the OPTIONS, Files tab, Support File Search Path.

*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 9 of 17 (459 Views)

02-22-2012 09:59 AM in reply to: dferagen

DGN is to Microstation what DWG is to AutoCAD.  It's the basic filetype extension.

But to "install" fonts simply means to place the font file (TTF or SHX) in the proper directory on your computer like you would move any other Windows file.  While some fonts may come with their own installation programs, often this is nothing more than an automatically run zip file or some such.  There's no command or action within AutoCAD required.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 10 of 17 (455 Views)

02-22-2012 10:29 AM in reply to: dferagen

DGN is a CAD drawing file from a program called MICROSTATION: it's not a font file.

What LT version are you using? Current shiopping versions have DGN import abilities with DGNATTACH command.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community