Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import text style into my fonts

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
dferagen
6394 Views, 16 Replies

import text style into my fonts

I am having trouble importing a tt text style called neuropol into my autocad LT 2009 fonts  I have done this before using windows xp os.... I have a new computer using windows7 and cant get it..... I have the new text style on my desktop and have tried to drag it but no luck I have tried to import the file as well but no luck  it looks like it doesnt like dgn files or ??? can anyone helpme????

Dennis

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
heinsite
in reply to: dferagen

Go into Options > Files > Support File Search Path and look for the directory used for Fonts.  Make sure you put your TT font file there.  You may need to restart the program to be sure AutoCAD can find it.

If you want to use the font in other programs stash a copy in your Windows font folder too.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 3 of 17
Charles_Shade

You also mentioned DGN files.

This is information in the Help section:

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocadlt/enu/online-help/search#WS73099cc142f4875518134151150332e308-7...

Also, if you look at the bottom of the window, OPTIONS, Files tab, you will see where this file should be created or stored.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
Kudos + gladly accepted if you are feeling magnanimous

Message 4 of 17
pendean

How to install TTF fonts the correct way in Windows (not AutoCAD):

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/TrueTypeInstall.mspx

SHX fonts install as instructed above, TTF should be installed to be used system wide.

Message 5 of 17
dferagen

OK i followed the path you suggested but I dont see an option for actually inserting the text style of my choice into that file when I select the filepath autocadLT2009/fonts and select 'add' it displays an empty box on another line  where do i go from there? Thanks for responding

Dennis

Message 6 of 17
dferagen
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I think the DGN thing is confusing me, first of all  I dont know what that means, and it doesnt seem to have anything to do with text... what is DGN? 

Message 7 of 17
Charles_Shade

<<<I have the new text style on my desktop and have tried to drag it but no luck I have tried to import the file as well but no luck  it looks like it doesnt like dgn files or ??? can anyone helpme????

Dennis>>>

Not sure either. Read the third line of your post.

Just responding to what you wrote.

DGN are Microstation files.

Message 8 of 17
Charles_Shade

The TTF file needs to be installed in the Windows Font folder per Deans link.

This TTF Font file does not need to be placed in any AutoCAD folder for access by CAD.

An SHX Font would need to be installed in the AutoCAD Fonts folder as noted above.

This Folder should be linked in the OPTIONS, Files tab, Support File Search Path.

Message 9 of 17
heinsite

DGN is to Microstation what DWG is to AutoCAD.  It's the basic filetype extension.

But to "install" fonts simply means to place the font file (TTF or SHX) in the proper directory on your computer like you would move any other Windows file.  While some fonts may come with their own installation programs, often this is nothing more than an automatically run zip file or some such.  There's no command or action within AutoCAD required.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 10 of 17
pendean

DGN is a CAD drawing file from a program called MICROSTATION: it's not a font file.

What LT version are you using? Current shiopping versions have DGN import abilities with DGNATTACH command.

Message 11 of 17
dferagen

Perhaps I should have mentioned the font that i am trying to import has already been imported to my other windows programs such as Word and Excell etc I just cant get it into autocadLT 2009 using windows 7 on my new computer .    

The font (neuropol) is on my other computer which uses windows xp no problem ...Is there a conflict with windows 7 or am I just not doing something right?

Dennis

Message 12 of 17
Charles_Shade

Have you looked at the Windows Font folder to see if your Font is installed there?

would have to asssume it is since Excel and Word are seeing it.

Closed and restarted CAD or re-booted the computer since the install?

Message 13 of 17
dferagen
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Yes the font is in word and is useable.. I have shut down and re booted several time since install of the font.  I was able to pin the font to autocad but it does not come up in the list of available fonts in autocad Not sure what to do next

Best regards

Dennis

Message 14 of 17
Charles_Shade

Please make a distction here which is: Is the Font in the Windows Font folder?

Confirm that other than it is in Word.

Message 15 of 17
pendean

AutoCAD does not read oe use OPENTYPE TTF fonts: in Win7 or in WinXP: if the font you use in MSWord on your current PC is that type of WIndows font, nothing you can do about it.

XP is using a different font: don't just use the file name, or Windows reported name of the font, as the guide. If you need the font from the other PC, go get it. Installation is still as I posted above with the link to Microsoft who explain the process.

Message 16 of 17
dferagen
in reply to: pendean

GOT IT just kept on trying  not quite sure how i did it  or what I did different  Thank you all for your suggestions

Best regards

Dennis

Message 17 of 17
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

Got to remember the OpenType font piece.

I think you've said that before somewhere...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost