Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fatal error when printing dwg to pdf (FATAL ERROR: Unhandled c0000417h)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
oliver
2672 Views, 3 Replies

fatal error when printing dwg to pdf (FATAL ERROR: Unhandled c0000417h)

Dear users,

Please help me.

Due to a "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled c0000417h" my AutoCAD 2014 crashes every time I try to print a dwg to pdf.

It seems to only occur if I print one of any number of files within a particular/specific folder.

Things I am still able to do:

I can publish the very same drawings to pdf.

I can print a dwg to pdf if it is within a different folder.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: oliver

Try fixing these few files: start LT onit's own, then use RECOVER command to open each of them. Remeber to SAVE then PURGE (and SAVE again) before plotting.

Also double-check your plot parameters and plotter selection.

Message 3 of 4
oliver

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried your suggestion but still no luck.

I have found a temporary fix in which I press control + P, change my printer and apply to layout and then change my printer back to dwg to pdf and press print at which point it has not problem.

Any bright ideas based on this?

Message 4 of 4
pendean

>>>.. change my printer and apply to layout and then change my printer back...<<<

As noted in the second part of my first reply, it would appear the DWG files are referencing a dead or missing driver and you reselecting it is the cure.

Remember to SAVE your file to make these changes stick. if you want to automate the selection, you can use -PLOT command (there is a dash in the command name) in a macro and include in the CUI's Ribbon or toolbar of your choice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost