Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fatal error: Unhandled e0434f4dh Exception at 7c812afbh

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
alextong
42825 Views, 23 Replies

fatal error: Unhandled e0434f4dh Exception at 7c812afbh

Hi, all

My client facing this fatal error when i open my AutoCAD LT 2010
"fatal error: Unhandled e0434f4dh Exception at 7c812afbh"
Even i do clean uninstall & reinstall back the software.

Is there anyway to resolve or recover this error? Because base on my
previous experience it is difficult to solve the problem when the application shown "fatal error" .
(Problem for years... even new version) :( Edited by: alextong on Jul 31, 2009 8:14 AM
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: alextong

Other programs may be the cause: if no one else suggests anything that
works, a reinstall of Windows and LT ONLY is the first thing to try.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 24
Rodrigo_sep

thats like:

1: my mouse doesn't work
2: mmm, you have to reinstall windows
1: ok, back in a couple hours...
1: i reinstall and it didn't work
2: thats weird...
3: hi did you check if it's plugged?
1: lol, that was the problem

i don't want the "2" solution, is not even a solution in my point of view
Message 4 of 24
Rodrigo_sep

or

no, you got to buy a brand new PC with de ACAD already instaled

¬¬' Edited by: Rodrigo_sep on Aug 11, 2009 7:19 PM
Message 5 of 24
Charles_Shade

Nobody to heckle at the office? Or do you just like to register with discussion forums to get your bully jollies?
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 6 of 24
angel.ortega

Does anyone have a solution to this fatal error? I've seen it 3 times in the past 45 minutes.
Message 7 of 24
Redraiderr2009

I don't know, but I have found something that will make this error everytime.

A little bit of background:
1. Menus are on a Read Only drive.
2. I am administrator so I have read and write priviliges.
3. Main CUI is the %userprofile%/application data/autodesk/ autocad 2010/18.0/ENU/Support/custom.cuix
4. The Enterprise CUI is on the Read Only drive Q:\support\CUIX\Acad.cuix

To make the error happen:
1. Switch the Enterprise Menu to be the Main CUI via the Options dialog.
2. Make an edit and save the Acad.cuix
3. Switch Main Cuix back to Enterprise and put the custom.cuix back as the main.
4. All users that tested this had AutoCAD Open at the time of the edit. I do not know if it matters, if the edits are done while they are out of the AutoCAD session.

All users that are power users and do not have write priviliages, will get the "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e0434f4dh Exception at 7c812afbh" when they open a drawing.

I am sure there are other things that may cause the error, but this one I can make happen all the time. It only happens once, and then won't happen again until the next edit.

-russ
Message 8 of 24
helkel

Sorry but I do not understand thesze directions . I am a new manager here and we received this error . I am great at following recipes can you provide idiot recipe to solve this PLEASE< PLEASE

Message 9 of 24
zagnuts
in reply to: helkel

Message 10 of 24
tfransson00
in reply to: zagnuts

I just closed all my other programs that were open, then the problem went away. Maybe try that first.

Message 11 of 24
discodude
in reply to: tfransson00

try command MAPSKINMAP. Several of us had just been given new HP Elitebook 8540w's and Cad crashed everytime layer manager was opened. I tried updating the framework to the latest version but to no avail! We were told the command by own own AutoCAD Guru  and it worked for us! We use a mapping software to import our base maps so it may have only been relavant to us. It may help other Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 24
michele3645

This has worked for us in the past:

Click on View|Menu/Toolbar Layout|Map Classic
on the bottom where it says command, type
mapskinmap
Hit Enter

Message 13 of 24
zhivago6
in reply to: discodude

I started having the exact same problem with AutoCAD LT 2010 this morning after Windows XP automatic updates.

I tried unistalling .NET Framework, bu not reinstalling it. AutoCAD LT just crashes on open.

I uninstalled .NET Framework and reinstalled it. Now I only crash about 50% of the time, which is a great improvement.  However, this is really slowing down productivity. It would be nice Autodesk would make an attempt to fix this problem.

Message 14 of 24
pendean
in reply to: zhivago6

"... after Windows XP automatic updates..."

Turn that off: unless you run your PC in an open location like a public coffee shop, you ought to take control of all updates and all installs on your PC. WinXP has a restore feature, you should have done that first IMHO.

Autodesk recommended uninstall and reinstall procedures, after you remove all the updates that broke your setup:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10243968&linkID=9240617

I would apply it to .NET as well before the AutoCAD reinstall; all versions of .NET on your PC. This is no small undertaking.

Since the update only happened last night, most software developers will take anything up to a month to react if enough folks are affected and they all voice there opinions direct to Autodesk (always a good idea). Sadly this forum is not the place for such a complaint.

Message 15 of 24
rherrick

Software bombs (fatal error) so I'm unable to key command. Do have any other suggestions?

Message 16 of 24
blutke
in reply to: rherrick

I had the same problem this morning with Civil 3D 2010 and here's how I got it working again:

Start - Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs - select the AutoCAD product that's giving the FATAL ERROR and click the Change/Remove button.

This will prompt an Autodesk window to open with the following 3 options:

Add or Remove Features,

Repair or Reinstall, and

Uninstall.

Select the Repair or Reinstall option

When prompted on the next page, select the REPAIR radio button.

It took about 45 minutes to complete the repair and you will requiire software disc number 2 of 3 (at least I did for my Civil 3D 2010 problem).

Reboot and it should open as always... as it now has for me.

Good luck!

Message 17 of 24
Charles_Shade
in reply to: blutke

Probably still sage advice for an AutoCAD LT installation.

As always, back up Customizations first.

Message 18 of 24
rherrick
in reply to: blutke

Thanks for the information.  For one reason or another the repair was unsuccessful for me.  I wound up having to remove and re-install C3D.

Message 19 of 24
jameshickey

This is a bit late but it may help some others...

We have about 15-20 users running civil 3d 2010 and other version of Autodesk products.

This same error comes up once in a while for us as well.

My fix thus far has been to log in with administrative privlages to the computer at hand and do the following.

Shut open windows and programs. (Not services and what have you)

Note: you will have to enable showing of hidden files to do the following...("local settings" is hidden)

Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\<USER NAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2010

Now rename the folder "enu" to "enu~".

Do the same for" C:\Documents and Settings\<USER NAME>\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2010

rename folder "enu" to "enu~".

Then close windows and start civil 3d 2010.

This will cause the folders that you renamed to be rebuilt. If you are missing anything or just cant live with a fresh configuration, you can always go back to the above folders, delete the new versions of enu and rename enu~ back to enu.

I am by no means an AutoDESK user. I just make it go for drafters and engineers.

Message 20 of 24
massiplus
in reply to: jameshickey

great!!!!!!! renamig the folders is the only one solution that solve the Autocad Unhandled exception on startup

thanx a lot

m.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost